Anticipation

I do have an app ready and haven't heard anything from Apple-- not even a confirmation. When I applied, I was given a little enrollment number to hold on to but nothing else. Is that normal? Should I just be patient, or reapply?
Quote this message in a reply
Well, our submitted app has been in the "In Review" state for a week now. Any idea what may be holding Apple up? How long did it take for you guys? To be honest, I'm a little angry and disappointed that Apple is doing this to us. A month and a half of work turns into a waiting game.

Mac users swear by their computers, PC users swear at their computers. ~Unknown

iSayz
It's easy for me to say, but have patience guys. There is a huge demand on the reviewers right now both from developers and from the media saying "how could you let that crap in".

I understand the frustrations, but plan accordingly. This is a new platform, that is establishing itself as having quality 3rd party apps. I'm sure GTA IV didn't get into consumer's hands within a week or two of the last line of code written.

So my advice: make sure you get it right the first time, updates could take a while, and a buggy first version will probably only get rejected. Just be thankful you are getting such a thorough review, and without having to pay (much) for the privilege.

Chopper, iSight Screensavers, DuckDuckDuck: http://majicjungle.com
Talyn Wrote:Well, our submitted app has been in the "In Review" state for a week now. Any idea what may be holding Apple up? How long did it take for you guys? To be honest, I'm a little angry and disappointed that Apple is doing this to us. A month and a half of work turns into a waiting game.

There are some rumors floating around that the wait can take up to 4 weeks right now. As someone who is about to submit multiple apps to the store I have feelings both ways about the wait. I really want Apple to start screening out stuff for quality and I think the wait is required for that. However I don't want to wait a month before I can start making back some of my development cost.
I'm still waiting for acceptance on to the developer programme before I can even enjoy the delights of waiting for my app to be approved. This has been going on for over a month Sad
BeyondCloister Wrote:I'm still waiting for acceptance on to the developer programme before I can even enjoy the delights of waiting for my app to be approved. This has been going on for over a month Sad

Oh man, that can't be right... Did you click on the link to apply for it again? That should give you status. It doesn't make much sense to me why they did it that way, but I can imagine it's pretty easy to miss. I can't believe they'd hold up the log jam for a *month* just to join the program!

kodex Wrote:There are some rumors floating around that the wait can take up to 4 weeks right now.
Blink ... ooh, sounds like I might be losing my bet against reubert and hairball.

FWIW, I agree that it's a six-to-one/half-a-dozen-to-the-other situation. Sucks that it takes so long, but I really hope they screen the noise out. I'd rather wait a month not to be crowded out by crap than have to compete with it.
AnotherJake Wrote:Oh man, that can't be right... Did you click on the link to apply for it again? That should give you status.

I just get a message saying it is in progress and what my ID number is.
Sheesh! That is major suxorz... I've read rumors that enterprise applications are being held up, but individual applications should go through within a few days.