Out of NDA! [Mod edit: Not really, see posts]

I really don't know how the two agreements would interact. It (the SDK agreement) doesn't appear to be nearly the same as the iPhone developer agreement, and I don't see anything that would obviously negate the SDK agreement in any way. My current assumption is that the iPhone developer agreement is just a blanket agreement to be an iPhone developer, which would then grant you access to the SDK download. The SDK itself is covered under the SDK agreement, which is the one we're being bound under NDA by right now, according to Apple's posting to the cocoa-dev mailing list.
Quote this message in a reply
Ok, so as I go through completing the professional profile part of signing up to be an iphone developer, it states the "Terms of Use" agreement text that I provided a link to in an earlier post. This Terms of Use imposes certain limits on me in regards to disclosing information that I'm about to have access to.

I now click on my confirmation e-mail and get directed to the iphone developer's home page. From here it allows me to read the SDK Terms of Use. Now, I can choose to use the SDK or not at my own discretion, but regardless, I can't disclose information about it's specific "Terms of Use" agreement based on my agreeing to the first Terms of Use document when I signed up. (The SDK agreement is clearly not publicly available.) Furthermore, if I choose to agree and use the SDK, I can't say anything about it any many other things going forward. Ok, I get it now. (Man-oh-man I wish I could BS about some of the stuff in there right now Rasp )

However, it doesn't lock me to not discussing anything about the Registered iPhone Developer Terms and Conditions PDF.

ProRattaFactor
(Retro-infused games for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Mac)
gatti Wrote:However, it doesn't lock me to not discussing anything about the Registered iPhone Developer Terms and Conditions PDF.

That's the impression I have as well. If it's available publicly, without having to register or doing anything special like indicating intent to sign up, then it should be wide open to public discussion. I didn't see anything stating it was confidential information, although I didn't scour it closely.

Quote:(Man-oh-man I wish I could BS about some of the stuff in there right now Rasp )
LOL ... You ain't the only one!
This entire ordeal confuses me. It reminds me of this (second half of the video).
Apprentice
Hello everyone,

My company (as in I'm an employee) is starting iPhone dev and I'm in charge of setting up the whole thing.
I have a few questions to ask, but after reading the various Apple agreements and a few forum threads (this one in particular), I don't know what I'm allowed to ask and what I'm not.
Has the situation evolved since the previous post in this thread?

Thanks!
guillaume Wrote:Has the situation evolved since the previous post in this thread?

Man, I hardly even remember this thread. I guess some things have changed. We can talk publicly about the SDK now (for the most part). You can pretty much ask any question you want; we'll tell you if we can't talk about it. I suggest you go ahead and start a new thread with your questions and maybe we can help. Smile
Apprentice
Thanks!

Thread is right here: click!.