is the ipod touch as powerful as the iphone?

I'm considering getting a touch, to play music and play-make games mostly.

So I care about performance.

Is all software for iphone running on the touch too? Is the iphone 3G more powerful than the older iphone? Is the ipod touch as powerful as the older iphone? Is there going to be a new more powerful touch soon?

Maybe i'm asking too much but if you know something plz share Rasp

©h€ck øut µy stuƒƒ åt ragdollsoft.com
New game in development Rubber Ninjas - Mac Games Downloads
Quote this message in a reply
This is purely anecdotal, but having used all three devices, they've felt identical in performance to me, and I'm usually pretty sensitive to performance changes.
I have found my 3g seems to have slightly snappier launch times on high end games (Monkey Balls, CroMag) then my 1st Gen or my Touch. I have not run any test to that effect though. All three devices run the games as the same speed however.
From here:
Quote:The iPod Touch and the iPhone are very, very similar. They use the same operating system and very similar software. As a result, the main differences between two are hardware differences. The iPod Touch is essentially a phone-less, Bluetooh-less iPhone.

It's not magic, it's Ruby.
Quote:The iPod Touch is essentially a phone-less, Bluetooh-less ...

... and camera-less, and speaker-less, and microphone-less, and GPS-less, and vibration-less, and phone-contract-less iPhone. But yeah, otherwise it is an iPhone by all accounts.

I purchased an iPod Touch a couple months ago, specifically for development, and I have to say it is one very sweet little device! I've played with the iPhone (not the 3G yet) and I can't honestly say that I've noticed any performance difference either.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How much can I stuff in to video ram? (on iPhone/iPod touch) Jamie W 9 9,266 Aug 6, 2010 05:23 AM
Last Post: mariocaprino
  Pause/Resume on IPod touch tonysameh 0 2,259 Jul 26, 2010 06:34 AM
Last Post: tonysameh
  iPod Touch not multitasking not working??? Toontingy 1 3,830 Jun 24, 2010 04:13 PM
Last Post: sealfin
  iPhone Only? Not for iPod Touch? daveh84 4 4,033 May 7, 2010 10:46 PM
Last Post: cmiller
  Detecting hardware, which iPhone/iPod I'm running on? Jamie W 9 7,271 Apr 13, 2010 11:27 AM
Last Post: Frank C.