Audio Queues

Nibbie
(Nov 27, 2010 08:28 AM)AnotherJake Wrote:  Hmm... I hadn't thought about that. I assumed Audio Queues would do the house-keeping for the listener behind the scenes. I hadn't kept up with it on the Mac since I now use Ogg/Vorbis through Remote IO there. I still use AVAudioPlayer on iOS though, as everyone should. Incredibly, I still get emails on this once in a while, so I know there are still a few folks out there who use it, even on iOS, for various reasons, so thanks for contributing your potential fix! Smile

Yes I would assume the same thing, would seem reasonable. Was crashing my game occasionally but I managed to create a 100% test case to help me track down the cause. Ogg/Vorbis through Remote IO - colour me interested, although assuming I find no more problems, GBMusicTrack will do just fine for this project.
Quote this message in a reply
Yes, if Audio Queues (via GBMusicTrack, in this case) works for you, I see no compelling reason to avoid using it on the Mac.

I do the Ogg/Vorbis/RemoteIO thing mainly for two reasons:
1) No loop gap issues, like with Audio Queues/AVAudioPlayer/Quicktime.
2) I can play music at any speed, and even backwards, which is what I need for some time manipulation gameplay concepts I've been messing with lately.

Plus, I wrote my own audio library from scratch, which allows me to do some real-time streaming effects which just won't work with other Apple APIs like Audio Queues, etc.
Nibbie
hellow,your code was fantastic,it was good use.
I have a problem,Now my program to play multiple mp3 files simultaneously,How to do precisely synchronized sound?
Nibbie
thanks,i solve the play multi mp3 files simultaneity by openAL in cocos2d.
i hope to ask more questions with you in the future.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Core Audio mutlichannel audio tachyon 2 6,281 Mar 18, 2005 01:04 AM
Last Post: tachyon