Apps on itunes store

NDA is still in effect, no release from Apple on it yet.
Quote this message in a reply
sealfin Wrote:I don't have an iPhone, so I haven't seen this first hand, but...

I heard about that too, which seems pretty nice. However, download counts are broken right now in the app store on the phone itself (everything shows as 0 downloads), and I can't find a download count on the store in iTunes. I must just be looking in the wrong place...

Edit: Apparently the page you linked also noticed this, and they mention it in the 11 AM update. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.
Well, so, they're processing iPhone developer applications now (they finally took my payment and let me in). I don't see "beta" anywhere (maybe I'm blind), but the terms of the agreement (as I read it) do not appear to have changed much in terms of confidentiality, and I still had to sign in to subscribe to the iPhone docs in Xcode, so it seems that NDA *might* still be in effect.

My sense is that the gates are open, but it'd be nice to get some clarification/guidance from someone "in the know".
AnotherJake Wrote:Well, so, they're processing iPhone developer applications now (they finally took my payment and let me in).

How long have you been waiting to get in?
I don't remember exactly, but I applied for it back when they started the beta program.
AnotherJake Wrote:I don't remember exactly, but I applied for it back when they started the beta program.

That really sucks. I feel very lucky and kind of guilty! At least you're in now I guess, I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Chopper, iSight Screensavers, DuckDuckDuck: http://majicjungle.com
Don't feel guilty about anything, reubert! That's just the way the cards were dealt. Whadaya gonna do? [shrugs shoulders -- throws hands up]

Besides, it wouldn't have mattered greatly in my case anyway because I've been fighting with the new technology and writing a new game from scratch at the same time. It makes much more sense to me that existing apps (such as Chopper) get front row seats in the first place. Even if I had access to the developer program early-on, I seriously doubt my new game would have been ready by now. I'm hoping maybe it might be ready by the end of next month... assuming I can stay on target with it without burning out.
reubert Wrote:That really sucks. I feel very lucky and kind of guilty! At least you're in now I guess, I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

* FlamingHairball sees no reason for Reubert to feel guilty. Chopper rocks.

- Lincoln Green
http://www.binkworks.com/
Sage
What's up with all the sudoku, mahjong and flashlight programs? And from publishers like Ambrosia too!

Scott Lembcke - Howling Moon Software
Author of Chipmunk Physics - A fast and simple rigid body physics library in C.
Dude, no kidding! I think it's just a quick cash grab for them. If you establish your Solitaire first then it has more brand identity and thus more free revenue. Kinda lame if you ask me, but whatever, I "get" the fact that they have families to feed.
Ok guys, I'll make a tic-tac-toe, just an advance warning so we don't step on each other... Rasp

edit: er... never mind Rolleyes
I call dibs on Hang-Man! Rasp

I guess it'd be rated 9+ for mild cartoon violence though...
AnotherJake Wrote:I call dibs on Hang-Man! Rasp

I guess it'd be rated 9+ for mild cartoon violence though...

Too late Wink
LOL ROFL LOL

OMG! They're actually charging for it too! hehehe...

[EDIT] OMFG, I totally missed tic-tac-toe! My sides hurt! Somebody help me!
Sage
Yeah... Having seen those already, I wasn't sure if you were joking or not.

Too bad We never got past the prototype stage for iPhone ScribBall. Sad

Scott Lembcke - Howling Moon Software
Author of Chipmunk Physics - A fast and simple rigid body physics library in C.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Lottery game on itunes Newbrof 4 3,164 Aug 13, 2009 08:53 AM
Last Post: Newbrof
  WMA format & iTunes Talyn 11 4,740 Jul 15, 2008 03:14 PM
Last Post: Duane