Text bubbles

Nibbie
I'm writing a little game where characters say things in bubbles. This is not using OpenGL, only the UI* toys (like UILabel). When the character says something, I want there to be a chat bubble nicely placed around it that scales with the width/height of the text (think iChat). Does anybody have a smooth way of doing this? At the moment I feel like I'm facing down a huge series of hacks to get this to work.

Thanks!
Quote this message in a reply
Tried asking Jens Alfke?

-- Giles Williams
Oolite - retro space-sim agogo
In accordance with the iPhone NDA we won't be able to share code to assist you with this. You may want to try researching on developer.apple.com/iphone
Nibbie
kodex Wrote:In accordance with the iPhone NDA we will be able to share code to assist you with this. You may want to try researching on developer.apple.com/iphone

Is that a "we will be able to" or a "we won't be able to" ?

I haven't run into Jens Alfke yet, but I did find his website. Does he have code samples up somewhere, or is he just a code contact since he worked on ichat?
martay Wrote:Is that a "we will be able to" or a "we won't be able to" ?

I haven't run into Jens Alfke yet, but I did find his website. Does he have code samples up somewhere, or is he just a code contact since he worked on ichat?

Sorry for the typo that was meant to be "We won't be able to"
martay Wrote:Is that a "we will be able to" or a "we won't be able to" ?

He created/worked on the iChat bubbles and if anyone could be considered the expert on them, it's him. And he's a reasonably friendly chap, obviously just don't expect any help that might still be under an NDA.

-- Giles Williams
Oolite - retro space-sim agogo