WWDC Keynote

I thought it sucked.

3g iPhone was obvious. The other 1.5 hours was boring. And even the 3g iPhone isn't out for like a month.

Nothing mac related. Nothing surprising.

I'm disappointed.

Your thoughts?

"So long and thanks for all the fish" - In memory of Douglas Adams.
My Site
Quote this message in a reply
People expect too much. Smile
aarku Wrote:People expect too much. Smile

That's cos we're used to it, with Apple.

They've disappointed me!

"So long and thanks for all the fish" - In memory of Douglas Adams.
My Site
Sage
After news of a $200 iPhone, I'll likely be doing more work on my Mac again (as opposed to all XNA like I've been for a long time). I'm still waiting for the video feed (I don't like those blog updates) before I'll know how the rest of the keynote goes.
Sucked? Seriously?
Maybe on the technical side of things... but we got a preview of some products, timeframe for when programs will be ready, some pricing information, and a $199 (!!!) iPhone.
I am pleased... but that's about all I wanted.

KB Productions, Car Care for iPhone/iPod Touch
@karlbecker_com
All too often, art is simply the loss of practicality.
Meh... iphone (not getting one), mobile me (not getting it), and the *announcement* of 10.6.

whee?

It's not magic, it's Ruby.
Yeah, I was hoping for something Mac related... I have a normal phone and nobody calls me on it as it is... Although maybe if I had an iPhone someone would call me. *ponders*
Sage
$200 iPhone? Haha that's pretty funny. How inconsequential is that to the cost of the plan? Has that changed in price?

Scott Lembcke - Howling Moon Software
Author of Chipmunk Physics - A fast and simple rigid body physics library in C.
That is a good question :/ but damn, the iPhones are cool. I was hoping for 32GB iPhones. (which will come out a week or two after I get mine)

Other than the price slash, everything else sucked. Jobs can take his mobile.me and shove it.

"Thats right Jobs! I can be an ******* too."

Well since everyone else is doing it:
Twilight Coders
CIMyAdmin
Whatever
I am glad I was not the only person disappointed in mobileme. I wouldnt take it when Apple gave me a free .Mac account now I would acceept a free Moblieme account but still cant justify spending money on it.

I was impressed with the iPhone stuff but as always hate waiting for it.

10.6 .... Feels like maybe it should just be called 10.5.5 but maybe there is more that I am missing.
Skorche Wrote:$200 iPhone? Haha that's pretty funny. How inconsequential is that to the cost of the plan? Has that changed in price?

Indeed I hoped they stopped tying it to plans. Still for $200 I might go through the hassle of hacking one.

©h€ck øut µy stuƒƒ åt ragdollsoft.com
New game in development Rubber Ninjas - Mac Games Downloads
Skorche Wrote:$200 iPhone? Haha that's pretty funny. How inconsequential is that to the cost of the plan? Has that changed in price?

From a US-centric point of view, sure Wink

Here (Argentina) taxes for imported goods, phones & mp3 players in particular, are HUGE so it does make a difference.
the plan has gone up $10 a month and you have to sign up for the plan in-store. So the price has effectively gone up $40 from before (2 year plan), and the option to unlock it without paying for the plan has been removed.

Much worse for US people than it was before, but hey we don't have em yet so be thankful you can get them at all Wink

Chopper, iSight Screensavers, DuckDuckDuck: http://majicjungle.com
yeah, nothing really surprised me. I am much more interested in an iPod touch than an iPhone. I'm disapointed they didn't do a quick update of that or a price drop or something. Though I guess there isn't really anything to do to it, and with the student discount I can get a $400 one for $100, so I'm not too upset, but I'm not excited either.

I need to stop reading all of the patents Apple files, they get my hopes up too much. Rasp
⌘-R in Chief
ferum Wrote:I need to stop reading all of the patents Apple files, they get my hopes up too much. Rasp

I'm still waiting for clear plastic iMacs that glow different colors with music, and turn red if there's an error. Rolleyes

--

The Keynote was exactly what I expected it would be, so I wasn't disappointed. An hour of showing off apps must have been fairly "meh" for a crowd of developers, but media exposure etc etc.

I'll of course be buying an iPhone now (in a month, I mean Cry) and surprisingly, MobileMe looks pretty nice to me. The only question I have is how/if I can use it with existing email addresses.

Snow Leopard: works for me. It'll give developers a chance to have more users catch up and start using the latest OS. Hopefully the information leaks will start soon enough so we can get a better idea of what will be changed Rasp

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  AppExtras private beta (meet us at WWDC) appextras 0 2,884 May 31, 2011 05:21 AM
Last Post: appextras
  iPhone games are front and center at WWDC - MacWorld Carlos Camacho 1 4,432 Jun 11, 2008 05:47 AM
Last Post: AnotherJake