Installing 3rd party libraries/XCode

Oldtimer
I'm cleaning up my dependencies a bit, and wanted to move them into install locations at /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/include.

For instance, I moved all the cxxtest headers into /usr/local/include/cxxtest/, and include #include <cxxtest/TestSuite.h>, but XCode can't find it.

Am I missing anything, or is it finally my turn to have XCode let me down? Smile
Quote this message in a reply
Note that I haven't tried this myself, but have you checked to see if it works if you place the library in the system library instead of on a per user basis? I have a feeling that XCode is just checking the system framework folder and not user locations.

Does that count as XCode letting you down? To be fair, XCode has never really given me any problems either until lately when not only does it seem to hack some gcc flags, but it keeps giving me extraneous errors because one of my class methods had a method name that's a couple characters off but otherwise similar to a NSString method. I know this is the case because if I change the name to something way out there, like foo:, it has no trouble.
Is /usr/local/ in your search path? I don't think it is included as standard (although I'm not at a Mac at the moment to check).
Sage
I always add /usr/local to my header search paths so I can use boost and ODE. Hopefully that's the problem you're seeing.
Oldtimer
Thanks, that worked just fine!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Installing and using SDL in Mac OS X filfil96 5 6,095 Jul 7, 2009 09:10 PM
Last Post: TythosEternal