How to install TAO ?

Nibbie
Hi everyone,

I'm a completely new Mac happy user, buying my first MacBook five days ago, so don't be afraid by any question I could come up with. Wacko

And the first one will be : how to install TAO with Mono ?

Because, I successfully installed Mono, and downloaded TAO, but the DMG file contains all TAO libs and apps without any explanation on where these files must be placed.

Thanks. Smile
Quote this message in a reply
You just must use all ready compiled .dll files that are in the .zip. So, for example the Tao.OpenGl.dll and the matching .config file should be placed with you code and included in the build as a referenced assembly.

You'll probably have to change the .config files though, for example the OpenGL one should be like this:
Code:
<configuration>
    <dllmap dll="opengl32.dll" target="/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/OpenGL" />
    <dllmap dll="glu32.dll" target="/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/OpenGL" />
</configuration>
saladeverte welcome to the community. It is always nice to see veteran programmers being drawn over to the Mac side of things. It sounds like you are already starting to work on some projects, I can't wait to see what you come up with.
Nibbie
@bronxbomber92

Thanks. When I use .Net on a well known OS Wink I never put external libs directly near my own binaries (all libs I need were in the GAC), so this is why I don't think about it. Thanks.

@kodex

I'm only a small programmer, developping a small amateur project with the aim of seeing this project running on my new lovely MacBook. After ten years on PCs, I need to see something else. And I'm really well surprised by OS X, and very enthusiast about learning Objective-C, Cocoa, etc. I feel I'll like it, don't know why, just a feeling... Rasp
You don't really have to keep the assemblies with your project, just as long as you can reference them from somewhere.
Nibbie
bronxbomber92 Wrote:You don't really have to keep the assemblies with your project, just as long as you can reference them from somewhere.

Ok, but if, in the future, I want to package my project to distribute it through the internet, for example, I think it's better if the assemblies are in the package. Rasp

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Scons OsX Install Question DesertPenguin 5 4,809 Jun 21, 2007 06:42 AM
Last Post: Duane