UFHO - my first real game

Apprentice
Hi all!
I used to look at this forum and site but never participated because I wasn't ready to do it, since I'm not very experienced. I want your opinion about a matter though, so I thought of coming out.

I developed a game together with my colleague, we are trying to push it since we think it's a very interesting game and a good concept too...
It's not specific of Mac, but you can play on a Mac, and I'm a big fan of Macs so the development was almost all done on them. Rasp

UFHO

It's a turn-based puzzle game, its name is UFHO (come insiede and you'll know why) and it has a lot of strategy.
There's a lobby in which you can chat and meet for playing, matchmaking and complete stats and ranking. You don't have to register from the start, you can use the guest account.

user: guest
pass: guest

Only by registering though, you will keep your stats (registering is free too Grin ).

It's free, that's why I'm asking you to try it, I made it because I like games and I'm really trying to start something in Italy... we're not even getting money on it Wink
I hope you'll enjoy it... any feedback is welcome. You'll find me on the game as ness.

PS we think of porting it to the DS and the iPhone... what do you think??
Quote this message in a reply
Apprentice
I hoped that from a site devoted to game development more people would come, we had a lot of visitors from both wiicade.org and gamedev.net... strange.
A lot of the people here may be too busy working on the Next Big Thingâ„¢ Wink

KB Productions, Car Care for iPhone/iPod Touch
@karlbecker_com
All too often, art is simply the loss of practicality.
Apprentice
So what's the point of the forum if people are too busy to try games? Sad
I wanted some feedback...
ccontinisio Wrote:So what's the point of the forum if people are too busy to try games? Sad
I wanted some feedback...

I checked out the vid of the game and I don't understand the gameplay. Doesn't look like my style of game. I don't really care for multiplayer turn-based games for some reason. Actually, I'm not big into multiplayer at all lately, for some strange reason (prolly has to do with being sick of the rude kids on XBL). I'd definitely try it if I could play against the computer.

Looks like you did a nice job with the graphics though. Smile
Apprentice
Hey Jake thanks for the feedback.
We considered doing some AI, but ultimately did nothing because I did the programming and in doing it I didn't thought ahead, so at the moment it's really complicated.
I dream of rewriting it in AS 3.0 though, so maybe then...

Anyway we don't have much of that kind of users, we had 2 but when I decreased their wins because of bad acting they left... Grin
Apprentice
We are getting some traffic, but most of it is from Italy... I wonder why people from around the world come so seldomly.

Anyway, we're just about to launch our first tournament... stay tuned and get to practice!
ninjashoes
Unregistered

is this like Xcom?
I tried to get in a game, no one was logged in however. I will try again some other time.
Alex
Apprentice
@ninjashoes: No, sorry, it's not an RPG or action or something. It's a strategy PUZZLE game, more like chess.

@EvolPenguin: sorry for that, we're mostly italian so maybe when you came in it was 4:00 AM here Grin Come later!
Apprentice
We set up the forums.. they're small but they're good.

BTW: did someone have problems with their firewall? Because I heard of some people who couldn't play the game because the game would say "connection error". Does someone have this problem? I need stats Grin
Apprentice
We are putting up the first tournament! It's due on the 12th of June, 17.30 (Italian hour, it's 16.30 GMT).

32 players, direct elimination... and some prizes to win. To subscribe (free as always) go to http://www.ufho.it/torneo.php?lang=en

27 have already entered, but we will up the tournament to 64 if we have enough players...

We are waiting for you all...