#include <ft2build.h>

Apprentice
Hai everybody...

I am trying to use FTGL font rendering in my project. I have build and compiled the static libraries with succes, and I am ready to start using the stuff...

Unfortunately I immediately run into problems. The FTGL files include the file ft2build.h in the following manner:

#include <ft2build.h>

This file is located on my harddisk in the directory : /usr/local/include
Unfortunately XCode cannot find this file. I know that when '<>' is used to include a file from a system path. I do not know how to add my /usr/local/include to the system search path (or how to make sure the file gets found).

Small step forward: adding "/usr/local/include/freetype2" solved half my problems. ft2build.h gets found correctly, but in this file the following statement: #include <freetype/config/ftheader.h> leads to the same problems... This file is located in a subdirectory of /usr/local/include/freetype2 but is not found when I build/rebuild my project.

I hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

Gr.Bert
Add /usr/local/include to "Header Search Paths" under your project's build settings.
Apprentice
Make the header search path recursive by adding /** to the end of the header path. This will make it search through all subdirectories recursively looking for the header file.
Apprentice
Hmmm.

I have created a new empty project and added only the FTGL headers and added the header search path as suggested and that seems to work. So your hints seems to work...

Unfortunately... The project in which I was trying to include these files does not seem to work... This project is an SDL application and I have created this using the SDL templates that can be found on the SDL site... I have been a lot of problems using my own include files in these project templates.. apparently not all global settings are inherited by the project and I have had to add a number of search paths manually to my project...

Hope anyone has an idea what to do...

Thanks in advance...

B
Apprentice
deeply ashamed...

back to school... add '/' at the end of the search path...

sorry for the inconvenience...

B
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  StorageRoom - Include content in your games sashthebash 0 2,494 Jun 13, 2011 05:39 AM
Last Post: sashthebash
  Newbie problem XCode Include files BBBert 1 4,336 Mar 17, 2008 03:46 PM
Last Post: OneSadCookie
  Fixing Include Paths vbuser1338 4 3,237 May 28, 2006 05:15 PM
Last Post: vbuser1338
  Xcode #include strangeness WhatMeWorry 4 4,514 Jul 1, 2005 12:31 AM
Last Post: DoG
  include files in Xcode WhatMeWorry 6 5,131 Jun 22, 2005 06:07 PM
Last Post: WhatMeWorry