Cross-Platform IDE compatible w/ Scons

Hello again everyone...it's been awhile since I posted, but I have another question about cross-platform development. I'm not quite sure if this is the right board to put this thread in, but I didn't see any better one, so here goes... Sneaky
I've been working on a project for about a month now, and it's coming along pretty nicely, but I'm using two engines that weren't made by me, and when they crash, they're a bit hard to debug. I'm using Scons for my build tool, and then I'm using Dev-C++ on Windows and XCode on Mac, but I'm just using them as editors, because I haven't been able to figure out how to integrate them with Scons build files. Is there a way to do this? Annoyed My main motivation for getting Scons up and running with these IDEs is so I can use the debugger with them; I'm compiling my files with the flag that enables debugging, and then using gdb to do the debugging. This is becoming tedious, however, so I'd like to be able to use the debugging tools that come with these two IDEs.
If it's not possible to use Scons with XCode and Dev-C++, what would you guys recommend as far as IDEs go? I'd like to continue using Scons, since I quite like it, but using the command line to debug things is tedious IMHO, and I'd rather just have a nice, shiny GUI display the debugging results for me. I'd also like to be able to do profiling at some point in time.
I'm running Mac OS X Tiger (PPC), Windows Vista 32-bit, and XP 32-bit.

Thank you Smile
-wyrmmage

Worlds at War (Current Project) - http://www.awkward-games.com/forum/
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
It's certainly possible with Xcode, I'm not familiar with Dev-C++. Incredibly vague instructions: For Xcode, make a target that builds itself with a makefile, and add the resultant executable as an executable, and everything except code completion will just work.

For profiling, just shark it, you don't need an IDE Rasp
ah, ok; thank you! Smile
I seem to remember that there were projects in your repository that used makefiles that invoked scons as the actual build tool...I'll have to take another look and see if I can find some examples.
If it's possible to do this with XCode, it's probably possible to do it with Dev-C++, since they are actually fairly similar programs.
I'll have to look into shark...haven't ever heard of it before XD

--EDIT--
I found the files in your repository and I just tried it on Dev-C++; everything works perfectly except for one button, which is fine. Now I never have to leave my IDE! Grin

Thanks again ^_^
-wyrmmage

Worlds at War (Current Project) - http://www.awkward-games.com/forum/
emacs.....

It's not magic, it's Ruby.
Luminary
ugh ...
well, if you don't like emacs, you can always try (ugh) eclipse or komodo edit...

It's not magic, it's Ruby.
Luminary
Eclipse is fine on Windows for Java. Anywhere else... ugh Rasp

There's not much wrong with TextMate Rasp

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Multiplayer, social and cross platform API Yespapa 0 1,063 Aug 14, 2013 02:43 AM
Last Post: Yespapa
  Cross platform library for http communication? Najdorf 2 3,802 Jan 11, 2009 01:13 PM
Last Post: Najdorf
  Cross Platform System Commands wyrmmage 5 4,156 Feb 23, 2008 03:58 PM
Last Post: wyrmmage
  Leopard backwards compatible? mac_girl 7 3,621 Jul 28, 2007 06:34 PM
Last Post: arekkusu
  Scons OsX Install Question DesertPenguin 5 4,637 Jun 21, 2007 06:42 AM
Last Post: Duane