Unusual concentration of macs at universities?

RWTH Aachen in Germany, not so many round here. More than average, I'd say, but it's maybe at twenty percent.
Quote this message in a reply
That picture is stunning!
Sad reality is, 80% of those kids are using their Macs in class for Facebook and MySpace.

For my brief stint back to college, that experience made me want kick some kids in the head.
⌘-R in Chief
When I started college in 2003, I was one of maybe 3 Mac users I'd ever seen on campus. By the time I finished in Dec 2007, the Macs outnumbered the PCs everywhere I went.

But of course, even in 2003, everyone had an iPod. Smile
I'm in the same boat as FreakSoftware, when I started university (2003) my 12" Powerbook attracted a LOT of weird looks. By the end of it, Macs were everywhere...

Mind you, it's not just universities anymore, you'd be amazed how many professional game developers are primarily Mac users. And that includes the programmers, not just the artists. Ironicaly, most of them are run-of-the-mill Mac users and have never done any Mac development whatsoever.

- Sohta
Bill Gates mentioned in his co-interview with Steve Jobs this past summer that when they first started work on Xbox360 games all development was done on Macs and that Microsoft's game division had placed the largest Mac purchase in history.

How else could Vista ever get out the door unless they had a hoard of programmers to figure out how to steal OS X features.

They even stole Richard Hernandez from Apple, he was largely responsible for everything Apple's games pages are today.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Check out the PC vs. Macs in this Game Dev meeting. WhatMeWorry 7 4,185 Nov 16, 2006 11:28 AM
Last Post: ravuya