Any native iPhone developers in here?

Hello everybody. I've spent the last few weeks at the MIT Media Lab on a neat undergraduate research project that has me developing native applications for the iPhone. I just wanted to see if there were any other iPhone developers here. Most of the API's and frameworks nearly exactly mirror Cocoa (CoreFoundation, Foundation, CoreGraphics/Animation/Audio etc.) with the introduction of one called UIKit, so I also think it might be a fun platform for game development as well...Wink
Quote this message in a reply
Sounds cool!

I'm not yet, but I anticipate I will be when the SDK is released. I don't want to invest any time into it until I see how the release system is going to work and have an official SDK to work with. Oh yeh, and that I have 5 other projects on the go and a full time job I keep having to show up for... Still, it would be great to get some games on the iPhone right at the beginning... needz mor timez Mad

Chopper, iSight Screensavers, DuckDuckDuck: http://majicjungle.com
Sage
Someone compiled the Chipmunk demos for the iPhone. Made it work with the tilt sensor too. One of my coworkers was all excited to try that. Could be a fun Chipmunk machine. Grin

Scott Lembcke - Howling Moon Software
Author of Chipmunk Physics - A fast and simple rigid body physics library in C.
Skorche Wrote:Someone compiled the Chipmunk demos for the iPhone. Made it work with the tilt sensor too. One of my coworkers was all excited to try that. Could be a fun Chipmunk machine. Grin

WOW! That is freekin fantastic. I can't wait to try it! Grin

Chopper, iSight Screensavers, DuckDuckDuck: http://majicjungle.com
Chipmunk BASIC... Awesome. The Toolchain that's floating around out there is quite a nice substitute for not having the SDK. I don't think it's going to help me though. I'm trying to figure out how to get around Apple's crippled Bluetooth implementation, so I can use it for more than just headsets.
Luminary
Er, no, the other Chipmunk. Y'know, the good one.
reubert Wrote:I'm not yet, but I anticipate I will be when the SDK is released. I don't want to invest any time into it until I see how the release system is going to work and have an official SDK to work with.

Same over here.
OneSadCookie Wrote:Er, no, the other Chipmunk. Y'know, the good one.

Rasp Of course, lol. Haven't heard of it before. Sounds interesting...