Free Icons

Does anyone know where I could find some good, free, Cocoa App icons?
Quote this message in a reply
You already know how to use Cheetah3D, so why not just make your own out of that? The instructions for doing so are right there in the help. It's real easy.
Generally a free icon is going to be too generic to be useful.
I get free icons from Icon Buffet every month, but haven't had any use for them.

I haven't really dug into what icons are available besides what people send me.
Maybe you'll find something and be able to make a request.
AnotherJake Wrote:You already know how to use Cheetah3D, so why not just make your own out of that? The instructions for doing so are right there in the help. It's real easy.

I'll try that. I thought about that, but didn't want to because previously, I found it insanely hard to get the camera angled right. But I'll give it a go.

Thanks iGame3d! I'll check it out.
I've made my icons in Cheetah3d too. Its real easy. Just have a model you want to be your icon. Goto the camera and set the background color to 100% transparent. Make sure the image is 512x512.

In the new developer tools,

/Developer/Applications/Utilities/Icon Composer.app

I think Icon Composer.app is much improved. Just drag and drop to the 512x512 box with image rendered in Cheetah and it will generate all the masks and smaller icons. Then just save to get the icns file. Put the icns in the Resources folder in your app and reference it in the apps plist file. Pretty cool. Smile
Thanks alot for your help! I'll try that. However, right now I'm looking for Button Icons, not App Icons. Also, I downgraded to Tiger so I could follow the flipsquare tutorial(IB changed to much in Leopard for me to be able to follow along).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Almost 1000 free game icons Delapouite 5 4,835 Oct 7, 2014 05:13 AM
Last Post: geet_gamer
  Some free gun icons mikey 0 5,151 Dec 20, 2009 05:57 AM
Last Post: mikey
  Creating icons on OS X.2.4 MacFiend 6 6,351 May 19, 2003 01:46 PM
Last Post: macboy