Modelling Quake 3 MD3s on Mac OS X

Apprentice
Hi all, I'm trying to find the best (ie. easiest) modeller for MD3s that works on the Mac. I've got Blender installed, but the UI looks really complex, and I'm looking for something simple, free, that preferably sticks to triangle meshes, that doesn't need to support anything but image-based textures.

Does anyone know of such a beast?

Thanks,
James
Quote this message in a reply
Apprentice
Nevermind... it seems Misfit Model 3D will do this, but only in version 1.3 and later... so I'll have to build it from scratch. *sigh* The price you pay for "free," I guess. Blink
Oldtimer
Actually, I can really, really recommend Blender. It takes literally two days to get a good grip on, and then you've got a good toolset that will take you far.

Key points to the UI:
- three button mouse in your right hand
- left hand resting on the left side of the keyboard

Assume this position and I promise you that you'll be decent in Blender before 2007 runs out.
Apprentice
Two days, eh? Took me two minutes to figure mm3d out. Wink Hehehe... I'm trying to keep the triangle count low, and my 3D skills aren't so hot. Smile I've used all sorts of 3D programs, but I think mm3d does it best for how I work with 3D. That is, the simpler, the better.

I'm more of a code monkey than a 3D artist. Smile I always get frustrated with 3D designs, unless they're exceedingly simple.

But thanks anyway! Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  VideoTrace - 3D modelling using real video Carlos Camacho 3 5,412 Jul 13, 2010 01:30 AM
Last Post: cmiller