Text based RPG in Python

pipposanta
Unregistered

Hi,
I'm new in this forum.
I would like to make a text based RPG wih Python because is the only language that I can say I know a bit well.
Where I can find tutorials, resources and various things to make me beginning this game?
Can you suggest me some way to proceed because is the first serious game that I would to make.

A last thing... On Leopard the PyGame module doesn't work so I can't use them... Sad
Quote this message in a reply
pipposanta
Unregistered

up for me!!
First of all, use Pyglet if you're on 10.5. Works like a dream. I'm working on a game in it right now. But if you're doing a text adventure, you may want to look at the Tkinter library so you don't have to code your own GUI stuff.

For tutorials, doc.python.org is a great language tutorial. I don't know if there are any around about text adventure design.

Edit: I meant Pyglet, not PyGame.

My web site - Games, music, Python stuff
Apprentice
Look again at the PyGame site! They've been posting updates. I'm not sure if Leopard support is available. I run PyGame under Tiger and I build applications Panther and they run on Leopard.
I can't make PyGame work in Leopard, Musenik. I tried yesterday.

Apprentice
I'm not sure what magic I'm using, but all of the games on my website are pygame and they all run on Leopard.

They weren't built in Leopard. They were built on an old pygame and py2app for Panther. The SDL libraries are updated, however.

You might want to hit up the pygame mail list.
I meant pyglet in my first post in this thread. Sorry for the mistake. Pyglet works great for gaming.

pipposanta
Unregistered

I have installed pyglet, but it doesn't work. I have leopard and when i try to compile these two lines of code:

Quote:from pyglet import window
win = window.Window()

it fail to compile with this error:

Quote:Traceback (most recent call last):
from pyglet import window
ImportError: cannot import name window

What can I do?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Python for games? DEV_JS 2 2,163 Apr 12, 2013 05:15 PM
Last Post: Evan Stallings
  Python Compiler wyrmmage 3 3,793 Jul 30, 2009 10:14 PM
Last Post: wyrmmage
  ALT: Creating a text-based RPG?? endkiller 31 20,743 Dec 31, 2008 03:37 PM
Last Post: Hendo
  Very stupid question about Python on OS X Durandal 10 7,840 Dec 17, 2008 09:33 AM
Last Post: Duane
  I Need Help Creating A Text Based MMORPG (aka MUD) GoldenLegacy 5 4,338 Dec 10, 2007 01:57 PM
Last Post: AndyKorth