Leopard Usage

diXToRT, VirtueDesktops is a later version of Desktop Manager that was maintained much longer, iirc. I'm using it now.

Spaces is the main reason I have not upgraded, even though my school offers it for 'free.' I love the way VirtueDesktops works, and from what I've read of Spaces's behavior, I think it would bug the hell out of me.

Also, Stacks is a supremely stupid idea. Fortunately, third party tools exist to bring back the old ways.

My web site - Games, music, Python stuff
Quote this message in a reply
Nibbie
Looks like they stopped dev of that as well :/ On another note, I just figured out screen sharing has an option for vnc. The downside is that it isn't working unless I enable full color streaming on the client. I get nothing trying to just get an 256bit image. Unless it is my client, I'll have to play with it more when I get home.
From the Leopard preview, I was looking forward to Leopard because of Stacks. The reason was, I do a lot of downloading, and my desktop gets really cluttered. Then, when I upgraded, It turns out Stacks is really annoying, and I could have just dragged a folder to my dock and set it to be the download location.Mad Silly me…Rolleyes
Yeah, another thing that I find really annoying about using Stacks for the download folder is the bouncy icon every time something finishes downloading. The bouncy icon should only be used for important notifications. Maybe other people don't use the web the way I do, but when I'm busy gathering information I often have many files being downloaded and it is incredibly distracting to have an icon bouncing in the dock on and off for the entire session. Anyway I already threw my fit so I'll digress...
I think that the one thing that's more annoying than the dialog you get when you open an app you downloaded is the "(Blank) application quit while unresponsive. This is the thing that really "bugs" me about Leopard.Mad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Can I update from Leopard to Snow Leopard without losing my certificates? riruilo 3 3,414 Aug 3, 2010 05:01 PM
Last Post: riruilo
  Mac OS X 10.6 - Snow Leopard funkboy 37 14,140 Sep 23, 2009 07:48 PM
Last Post: ferum