What was your first game?

The first one complete enough to call a game was written in Applesoft BASIC on an Apple ][. It was called Bombrun. You moved a bomber U/D/L/R and dropped slow bombs on a ship passing below. I only got as far as coding two enemy ships. The ocean waves (shown in silhouette) moved and were kind of fun.

My next game I remember working on was 3D Brick Bash (for Mac), which I picked up and put down for many years before finally releasing it. I did play with Hypercard along the way, among other things working on a utility for putting together campaign maps for Dungeons and Dragons.

Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.
Quote this message in a reply
Aside from some super basic "push button and go to next page" hypercard stacks when I was about 7, my first game was Smiris - a tetris clone - in 2003.

Game 2 was the Marijuana growing sim, which incidentally marked my entrance to this forum, provoking a bit of debate. I wish I had released it...

Chopper, iSight Screensavers, DuckDuckDuck: http://majicjungle.com
reubert Wrote:Game 2 was the Marijuana growing sim, which incidentally marked my entrance to this forum, provoking a bit of debate. I wish I had released it...
I remember that one! I forgot it was you. I remember I was one of the (ahem) "debaters". Obviously Bill was in on that one too, hehehe... I think you should still release it so it gets some more public debate going on. It was actually a pretty cool idea even though the topic is still real hot to handle.
⌘-R in Chief
I remember it as well. I didn't think there was any controversy necessary, but I remember thinking it was kind of pointless. Rolleyes

--

My second game (after the simple HyperCard stack) was a "Windows Blaster" which was sort of like Space Invaders, but cheaply done. Smile It used some iDG sound assets too.
See it all starts with "click to the next card" and winds down the hard ugly road of contraband cultivation and trafficking software, next thing you know your selling violent military training programs and digital hallucinogens as shareware.