Baking lightmaps in Maya (2008)

I am trying to bake lightmaps in Maya 2008. I did this in Game Scene and Character design in Uni (Fullsail), but that was a year and a half ago, and I cannot remember the correct way to do it.

So what I have done is created a secondary UV set for all the objects in the scene that maps all the scene object UV's to a single texture, so I can use one lightmap for the whole scene.

When I try to use bake set overrides to create a single map for the lightmap, this is what I get:

[Image: Bakesetoverride.png]

Obviously, this is not correct, and I cannot for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong here.

If, however, I do not use a bake set override, from the front, things look fine:

[Image: Bakeset.png]

BUT, from the back, things are not as good as they would seem from the front:

[Image: Bakesetback.png]

Of course, the other downfall to this is that it creates multiple maps for the lightmap, which is not ideal at all; I would like to create a single texture sheet for the scene lightmap.

Any help anyone can give me on this would be greatly appreciated; I have scoured Google for tut, but am unable to find any that will help me with this Shock
Quote this message in a reply
On some more research, here is the weird bit:

Maya bakes the lightmap properly, with each object's lightmap on the texture sheet:

[Image: Lightmap.png]

However, it is applying the texture to the objects using the default UV set (where each object takes up the entire UV map) as opposed to the lightmap UV set, even though I have switched the objects to the lightmap set:

[Image: LightmapSet.png]

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what it is I am doing wrong here. Halp! Rasp

(Also, strangely, when I switch to the lightmap UV set, you'll note that Maya refuses to display the texture assigned to the objects in the UV Texture Editor....)
Figured it out...forgot to check the UV linkingBlink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  maya? blender? 3dsmax? craggas 35 23,591 Jul 3, 2010 11:39 PM
Last Post: Frank C.
  Mac Maya .md2 exporter. LongJumper 2 5,517 Jul 30, 2005 11:50 AM
Last Post: LongJumper
  Exporting .obj and .mtl From Maya 5.0 Nick 0 3,701 Mar 7, 2005 05:06 PM
Last Post: Nick
  Maya to Photoshop and Back Again Nick 4 4,679 Nov 14, 2004 07:57 PM