OpenGL(R) Programming on Mac OS(R) X: Architecture, Performance, and Integration

Has anyone picked this book up? I was thinking of ordering, if anyone has any feedback please post..

Thanks!
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
Has it finally been released?
Yeah november 9th i guess? Amazon has it for sale.

Thinking of picking it up, have you heard anything?
Luminary
Nothing...
I've had this on pre-order since February. I just got an e-mail from Amazon yesterday telling me it would ship November 21st.
I just picked it up....

Should be here in a couple days
m3the01 Wrote:I just picked it up....

Should be here in a couple days

What do you mean? Those two statements appear to contradict each other.
Sage
Can somebody post a mini-review when they get it? My OpenGL books are pretty dated...
Sorry picked it up from amazon.com, bad wording...
Nibbie
Hey,

I am new to these forums, but I got the book. It is by no means a leap ahead in knowledge for what we already know. It was written pre-leopard, so it has a few out of date areas in it. However, the authors knowing this made some appropriate changes, in the appendix or on there website... I forget at the moment since I am at work.

It covers the history of mac OpenGL programming, so it is an interesting read. Covers all of the apple APIs, ranging from Core - NS, which was a great read. The 2nd half of the book is dedicated to explaining these API's, and why a developer would choose one over the other. Great advice on what to use if you want many different OSX versions to be compatable with the final product. Like I said, decent Leopard integration, however I felt it could have been better.

It gives a pretty good tutorial on Xcode Tools #C NSViews and such. Worth the $55 I got it for. (tutorial for 10.4 in the book chapters, and for 10.5 in the appendix) I remember now... the code is downloadable, although no errers were really listed online.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Anyone experienced Performance ± with UILabels vs. Bitmap Font in OpenGL ES 1.1? Elphaba 3 4,526 Jul 28, 2009 10:40 AM
Last Post: AnotherJake
  OpenGL vs Quartz Performance for 2D Game lfalin 1 3,778 Apr 25, 2007 09:51 PM
Last Post: OneSadCookie
  OpenGL performance Jesse 11 5,038 Aug 30, 2003 08:40 PM
Last Post: Mark Levin