HID Manager In Leopard

Anyone take a look at the new HID Manager API in Leopard? The old conceptual documentation no longer applies, but there is new documentation for some new core foundation classes (IOHIDManager, IOHIDDevice, etc.). I just noticed this earlier, and if you look in the IOKit framework you will also find that the IOHIDLib.h file now just links to IOHIDLibObsolete.h. A quick look at the docs makes me think that using the HID Utilities sample project from Apple may be a thing of the past.
Quote this message in a reply
That sure looks interesting. I don't have time at the moment to look into it, but I certainly will. Too bad Apple didn't point that out anywhere, if it wasn't for your post, I'd probably complain about the difficult way of getting access to hardware till 10.6.
Luminary
George Warner offered pre-release sample code on the mac-games-dev list recently. If you look up his post you can probably still take up his offer...

The new APIs look substantially better than the old ones, but still don't appear to offer a good solution for element naming / pad layout drawing, or a better solution for calibration than already existed.
Thanks for the pointer OSC, doing a little searching revealed that George Warner released some sample code here.

Edit: George's code includes several different code samples and a pdf version of Apple technical note TN2187 which explains the new HID Manager APIs and their use.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Using Nib to wire manager classes OptimisticMonkey 0 2,300 Jan 19, 2009 05:19 PM
Last Post: OptimisticMonkey
  64-bit in Leopard OneSadCookie 12 6,220 Aug 10, 2006 08:52 AM
Last Post: SethWillits
  Shark and .app's with File manager... BinarySpike 8 4,507 Apr 2, 2005 08:24 PM
Last Post: BinarySpike
  Keyboard with Cocoa HID Manager thisma 3 5,370 Sep 20, 2002 11:44 PM
Last Post: thisma