Game to help kids take their medicine?

Mette
Unregistered

Hi there
Does anyone know if a game has been developed for MAC, which supports kids/teenagers in taking their medicines at the right time/dosage? My 12year old son is a MAC enthusiast, and needs support to deal with his chronic asthma. I know that games exist for PC users…but these are really for smaller kids. Anyone with ideas or experiences here? Maybe ideas of where to look?Sorry if not relevant in this forum – but gotta’ start somewhere…Thanks in advance
Quote this message in a reply
well, what kind of game are you looking for? Something to simply remind them?

It's not magic, it's Ruby.
Mette
Unregistered

The goal is quite simply to remind them, yes....but would be great if there could be some 'sport' in it, ala gathering points or scores, moving up in levels or something simliar. To take the 'feel of disease' out of the everyday, if your see what I mean?
Luminary
Not at all Rasp

Perhaps a link to a PC video game that does what you want might be in order.
I'm not sure this is a good idea.

©h€ck øut µy stuƒƒ åt ragdollsoft.com
New game in development Rubber Ninjas - Mac Games Downloads
Mette
Unregistered

Exactly yes! Thanks for finding that interesting link....wonder if anything similar exists for asthma...and can be connected to Mac...however I understand, if you guys think this is outside forum subject. Got started a bit in my search anyhow.
Just think it's amazing how little innovation is done when so many kids have asthma or other chronical diseases...
Thanks ya all
Mette Wrote:wonder if anything similar exists for asthma...and can be connected to Mac...however I understand, if you guys think this is outside forum subject.

I don't think it is outside the scope of this forum. Too often we focus on the obvious genres (FPS, casual, dare I say MMORPG?), or focus our designs entirely on the concept of fun but disregard other goals for playing games.

Edutainment titles teach children math while still being fun. Second Life focuses on socialization. I wrote vocabulary games to help me study in school way back when.

Writing a fun game whose main focus is to help someone with a chronic illness stay alive is not only innovative but honorable as well.
Mette
Unregistered

Thanks KittyMac - agree. May keep working on this idea in the future, as it seems like there is a big need here.
Actually, this might be one area where an MMO might be justified. With a lot of illnesses, support groups and such are particularly handy, so a game that combines fun with the ability to chat to other kids (and parents, as parents should always be supervising young children playing online Wink ) with the same ailment and in-game reminders to take their medicine might be good.