creating points of various sizes in openGL es

openGL has this capability. Is there a way to do it with ES?
Quote this message in a reply
unsure, but worst case scenario, you could always create them via triangle fans.
Luminary
I thought ES has point sprites, but not vanilla points
Sage
It has both. I use vanilla points in the Chipmunk debug drawing stuff. They are just basic aliased squares though, so I wouldn't use them for anything more important than debug drawing or pixel sized dots.

You probably want to use point sprites and point size arrays.

Scott Lembcke - Howling Moon Software
Author of Chipmunk Physics - A fast and simple rigid body physics library in C.
Sage
ES1.1 supports both points and point sprites. Use glPointSize() to set a constant size, or OES_point_size_array to set a per-point size.
ES2.0 supports only point sprites. You must write gl_PointSize in the vertex shader, per point.

In iOS, the simulator, MBX, and SGX devices all support both aliased and smooth (antialiased circle) points. You can query the range of supported sizes. See also the Platform Notes in the documentation.
(Jul 8, 2010 11:28 AM)arekkusu Wrote:  ES1.1 supports both points and point sprites. Use glPointSize() to set a constant size, or OES_point_size_array to set a per-point size.
ES2.0 supports only point sprites. You must write gl_PointSize in the vertex shader, per point.

In iOS, the simulator, MBX, and SGX devices all support both aliased and smooth (antialiased circle) points. You can query the range of supported sizes. See also the Platform Notes in the documentation.

thanks!!!