Sdl & C++ = Nogo?

Apprentice
Hi there, I'm just having this annoying problem when I try compiling one of the SDL samples. The thing is this.

It compiles and runs well when it's compiled as c but as soon as I compile the same code as c++ something goes wrong. Everything compiles alright (almost) but when I try to run the app it crashes due to some link-error or other "ZeroLink: unknown symbol '__Z13Atlantis_Initv'" is what it prints.

I am compiling the standard openGL-template for SDL. Only thing changed is the ending on the main.c to main.cpp

My machine is running OS X 10.4.10 and xCode 2.4.1

I'm just just not that experienced working with advanced compiler enviorments, but c++ I know Wink

Thanks in advance, Mattias
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
To get a useful error, disable ZeroLink in your target settings. Make sure to squish it, it's a tricky devil.

Beyond that, there's not much to say, except that your code is expecting a C++ function to be defined, and not finding it:

Code:
CookieJar:~ keith$ c++filt <<< '__Z13Atlantis_Initv'
Atlantis_Init()

That's possibly caused by a missing (or extra) extern "C", but without more information, it's impossible to say.
Apprentice
Oh... yeah... Thank you very much. You just made me realize the errors were caused by me being an idiot, really.

The problem that didn't really exist is now solved. *bangs head on desk*

Thanks again, now I'm off to creating great games again Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  GLSL geometry- and multipass-shaders (nogo?) mcMike 3 5,601 May 2, 2008 05:51 AM
Last Post: mcMike