Unity Game Development Contest - Are you the Top DOG?

Apprentice
We at OTEE are having another game development contest for those using Unity and so I thought I'd share the news here on iDevGames to help spread the word:

Game Development Contest - Are you the Top DOG?
Without a doubt, it's an exciting time to be involved in the Unity Community, Unity 2.0 is on its way, the Unite 2007 conference is in October and the community is growing in both size and depth of talent. These are all great reasons to celebrate and we're celebrating the OTEE way... with a game development contest! We're looking for the Top DOG, that is the best Developer of Online Games. If you think you're the Top DOG then prove it by entering our contest, you could walk away with a free copy of Unity 2.0 and $2,000 in cash.

Contest Details

So, who's gonna take that top prize? Cool

I'll keep an eye on this thread in case folks have any questions for me.
Quote this message in a reply
What about games that have been developed prior to the start of the contest? If it has been developed with Unity and already shown to the public (say, as part of the iDevGames and OTEE contest earlier this year), can the title be entered in the Top DOG contest?

KB Productions, Car Care for iPhone/iPod Touch
@karlbecker_com
All too often, art is simply the loss of practicality.
Yes, you can (but the point of the contest ws to encourage new games). It is legal though.
It is a shame the contest starts just as the Unity we got for taking part in the contest at the start of the year expires Sad
So, can I assume I'm going to win and accept a free copy of unity early so I can participate? Grin

It's not magic, it's Ruby.
Apprentice
funkboy Wrote:What about games that have been developed prior to the start of the contest? If it has been developed with Unity and already shown to the public (say, as part of the iDevGames and OTEE contest earlier this year), can the title be entered in the Top DOG contest?
Previously authored content is most certainly acceptable given the rules. Perhaps you've added to the game(s), or given it a unique new twist, in which case submit! The goal isn't necessarily just "new games" so much as it's to have folks show us what y'all can do, to give us your best, and that's why we didn't explicitly disallow pre-existing content.

BeyondCloister Wrote:It is a shame the contest starts just as the Unity we got for taking part in the contest at the start of the year expires Sad
Well, you could break down and buy Unity... Wink Rasp Smile

Nayr Wrote:So, can I assume I'm going to win and accept a free copy of unity early so I can participate? Grin
You are free to assume you might win, sure. The problem is that we may not be inclined to join you in that assumption! Grin

Please note that we just updated the prize listings for contest finalists! All Top DOG finalists will now be entered into the "Best Web Game" category of the Independant Games Festival free of charge.

I'll keep an eye on this thread for any other questions...
When is the next Contest?
Can you make any kind of game?
Can I use Dim3? or do I have to use Unity?
PatrickA Wrote:When is the next Contest?
Can you make any kind of game?
Can I use Dim3? or do I have to use Unity?

As it is an OTEE run competition, it's fairly obvious you can only use Unity. In fact, it looks like this particular contest is limited to a subset of Unity (ie, web player only).

If you are looking for a more general Mac game development contest, hang around for the next iDG sponsored one.
KittyMac Wrote:As it is an OTEE run competition, it's fairly obvious you can only use Unity. In fact, it looks like this particular contest is limited to a subset of Unity (ie, web player only).

If you are looking for a more general Mac game development contest, hang around for the next iDG sponsored one.

Okay! I'm interested in contests so I hope it's soon!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Game Development World Championship 2013 Viope 1 1,619 Dec 4, 2013 07:38 AM
Last Post: Viope
  A great game development contest I think you should know about ninjandroid 0 2,317 Nov 13, 2012 02:55 AM
Last Post: ninjandroid
  Moscrif game development challenge Turok 0 2,615 Oct 1, 2012 08:38 AM
Last Post: Turok
  Viope game programming contest hongviope 0 3,028 Sep 27, 2012 12:48 AM
Last Post: hongviope
  Monthy Game Developer Contest Kaneva 0 4,132 Jul 12, 2010 07:39 AM
Last Post: Kaneva