How to upload scripts for text based game?

Gdollaz87
Unregistered

Ok i have all the scripts for my text based game but i need a (free) server to upload them to. And once i get the server how do i do it? Where do i upload them to, i basicly need a tutorial..lol..can anyone help me...i really need this
i want this game to be up and runing..

Thanks ,
Gdollaz87
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
I'd suggest you turn on personal web sharing, and test your scripts on your machine first... you can worry about getting a host later.
Gdollaz87
Unregistered

sry i am new at this..lol...how do i got about doing that
Gdollaz87
Unregistered

ok i used WAMP to text my scripts now im getin an error :

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in C:\Program Files\wamp\www\eotm.php on line 40

now i have no idea how to fix this error...plzz can someone help ..or point me on the right direction..

its PHP

Thanks ,
Gdollaz87
ok, let's start over with some relavent information: did you write these scripts yourself? How much of the scripts did you write? Are you using a pre-made library or script package where you just fill in the blanks instead of actually coding it? If you are using ANY libraries/game engine, etc. please provide a link to them so we have some idea of what's going on. I also recommend this: http://forums.devnetwork.net/ board for php related stuff, as that is pretty much all that they focus on there Smile
Also: posting any relavent code (such as the page where you are geting the error) would help tremendously. The 'unexpected end' error message usually means that you forgot a } somewhere, although it can also mean a messed up set of (), or a semicolon missing/in the wrong place.
We'll be glad to help, but we need more information Wink
-wyrmmage

Worlds at War (Current Project) - http://www.awkward-games.com/forum/
Gdollaz87
Unregistered

wyrmmage plz check ur PMs and i added u on MSN ok?
i need to talk to u i have the PHP file that im gettin an error in..if u want i can send it to u and u can take a look for me...\

Thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  ALT: Creating a text-based RPG?? endkiller 31 21,455 Dec 31, 2008 03:37 PM
Last Post: Hendo
  Text based RPG in Python pipposanta 7 8,419 Feb 27, 2008 09:10 AM
Last Post: pipposanta
  I Need Help Creating A Text Based MMORPG (aka MUD) GoldenLegacy 5 4,617 Dec 10, 2007 01:57 PM
Last Post: AndyKorth
  Text based RPG Smush 25 10,434 Mar 8, 2007 09:33 AM
Last Post: Smush
  Java 2D Sprite based game unknown 9 6,009 Nov 1, 2006 09:41 PM
Last Post: StealthyCoin