Begining visual programing.

Apprentice
I'm a beginner to programing i general, and I've recently bought two books ' Beginning Mac OS X Programing ' and 'real basic for Macintosh by ' Michael Swan. RealBasic is very simple to use and i mastered the essential graphics , using sprites.

But now I'm learning C and objective-C and i don't know how to use any graphics, or animations, so I can start game development. could anyone tel me how to use X-code with graphics or indicate any simple tutorial.

I want to know how to draw graphics, detect collisions, make animations, and make my code (C, C++ or objective-C) interact with thoese animations.

I also want to know where are the code from the udev game contest? I CAN NOT FIND ITMad!!!

Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja
Quote this message in a reply
Well, they are many, many graphics library out there, but the most common (and fastest) is OpenGL. Check out nehe.gamdev.net for a bunch of tutorials.

Another popular 2D graphics library is SDL (libsdl.org). SDL also handles windowing and input (and can be used with OpenGL, that is what I do).

Both are cross-platform.
Oldtimer
The uDevGames code has been missing for a long time now. Search the forums and you'll be able to find some shreds of them.
OpenGL can appear daunting, but you can set up simple sprite animations fairly easily with it. The hardest part about OpenGL is setting up the window to draw into.
ChrisPol
Unregistered

If you're just learning Cocoa you might want to start with basic path drawing and NSImage related stuff.

I think rushing into advanced stuff too quickly leads to frustration. I've been learning Cocoa (after being a windows person for years) from Hillegass' book, Cocoa Programming for Mac OSX and find the book very good.