DirectX

Hey,

I'm thinking of setting up a partition on my MBP HD to install either XP or Vista (not sure which yet) and doing some DirectX programming, mostly because I got a loan of a book from a friend that covers DirectX Engine development.

I know this is purely a Mac board but I wanted to ask if anyone has had any problems / success with DirectX in this regard.

Thanks

Anthony
Quote this message in a reply
It's always worthwhile to explore other APIs and platforms. I've heard that DirectX development can be pretty nasty. I have done a little bit of XNA development and I found it to be quite pleasant. XNA and tools for it are free BTW. Its pretty good stuff!

I'd stick with XP since it's cheaper. If you decide to invest more time then maybe Vista is worth looking at after that.
As you've probably heard, Vista's a lot more hassle than it's worth at the moment. If you just want something to dip in and out of without spending ages making it work (or worrying about latest drivers, though I don't know if this is an issue with Boot Camp) then just go for XP, because most everything works for it.

Tobs
Thanks for the replies!

I think if I do go for something I'll go for XP as it seems less hassle. I wish there was a way to install Win2k, I used that OS for a long time and thought it was fantastic.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  game development using directx/cryengine codetoeternity 2 1,612 Oct 10, 2013 06:34 AM
Last Post: codetoeternity
  Win32/DirectX to OSX/OpenGL: Initial request for help for spare time project Toby at home 13 7,794 May 12, 2007 01:26 PM
Last Post: ChrisD
  FlowerMan: PC-DirectX game for Macintosh - porting tools? MarekUhrin 13 6,971 Aug 9, 2006 11:21 AM
Last Post: MarekUhrin
  DirectX Chris Ball 2 4,492 Feb 12, 2006 01:59 AM
Last Post: OneSadCookie