GameTutorials's BSP Loader

I'm planning to read through GameTutorial.com's BSP tutorial, but I've heard there are some problems with it. What exactly should I be looking for? I've heard endian issues, and in one of OSC's post he mentioned he rendered it incorrectly. Would someone mind to elaborate? I'm on an intel mac, so the endian problem shouldn't affect me, but I would like to know where exactly it occurs?

Thanks,
Jedd
Quote this message in a reply
⌘-R in Chief
I cleaned it up two years ago, so I don't remember how the process went, but it was easy enough. And that was converting it to PPC as well.
Do you by chance have a copy?
Luminary
The GameTutorials loading code was just plain wrong. I figured it out with some (reluctant) help from an IRC channel, but don't remember the details any more. It worked fine with some maps, but not with any that I created myself with Radiant.

My code for doing the loading was pretty nasty (pointer casting all over the show) so I wouldn't recommend trying to read it, even if I knew where it was Smile
⌘-R in Chief
I'm on the fence about it. On the one hand, the BSP loading code was free years ago, but now it's not. Not sure how other people in here would react. Smile

My version with full collision isn't running straight out of the two-year-old box. I don't remember if I finished that one (it says it's finished, but it doesn't run) or not, so I only have the loading & rendering version working at the moment.
@OSC, any vague explanations? Rasp

@FreakSoftware, I've bought the tutorials, so would PMing me the code be a problem? I can give you the tutorial as proof that I bought it if you would like.
Hog
You could just go with the one from the Quake III Arena source code. The Bullet Physics BSP sample code seems to be using that one.