Beginner's Help

WillyBubba
Unregistered

Okay, I've already followed some advice. I have some programming background... QBASIC and some Visual basic. So I've got basic concepts down but beyond that I really get lost. I also have a program that essentially dumbs down the programming and makes it rather easy to get an interface and 'game' going, but I still find there's way too much freedom for me. I don't know where to start or what to do.

I've bought two books to help, but one goes over stuff I already know for the most part and the other focuses on software that I don't want to use.

I'll be learning this stuff in college, but really kinda wanna get some stuff under my belt. So, where do I go from here?
Quote this message in a reply
WillyBubba Wrote:So, where do I go from here?

Your post is very vague; where do you want to end up? People in this forum can only suggest routes if you know in general where you want to end up...

(N.b. from what you've mentioned in your post about QBasic and VB, I'd presume you're on Windows; this will likely limit the specific suggestions and help people in this forum can give you, as this forum is primarily for Mac game development; with that out of the way, lots of game technologies are cross-platform, and most game development techniques are platform agnostic...)

Mark Bishop
--
Student and freelance OS X & iOS developer
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A Beginner's question Bakaburg 2 2,854 Oct 2, 2007 11:35 AM
Last Post: skyhawk
  A beginner's question. emulationsation 2 2,829 Sep 4, 2004 11:38 AM
Last Post: EvolPenguin