Nibbie
Quote:Wireless data
Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
EDGE
Bluetooth 2.0+EDR

One of those?

<EDIT> Forgot to mention the USB 2.0.
Quote this message in a reply
I just watched the 20-minute guided tour video. Everything looks so amazing. Love

36 hours to go...
I'm posting this from my iPhone! Grin

I think I was about the third-to-last person in line to have gotten to the store in time to get one. I only had to wait in line for a little over an hour, so it wasn't bad at all. There were some pretty cool people in line with me - including, shockingly, someone else who was at WWDC! What are the odds?

Off to play with this beauty...
ThemsAllTook Wrote:Off to play with this beauty...

... jealousy sets in...

Oh man, for all you guys not here in the US, the hype is pretty high here! I mean, it's local paper front page news, major story on national TV, etc... I am sure there is much gnashing of teeth in Redmond this eve.
Luminary
Well, here in the arse end of beyond, we won't get it for at *least* another 12 months, and probably another 24, and it had a spot on the 6 o'clock news. Go figure.
Hoping for an announcement for Europe on Monday. In the meantime the BBC appear to have been using any and every opportunity to trash talk the iPhone or plug various "iPhone killers" while avoiding mentioning the iPhone (apart from a stock piece about the launch yesterday).
Zwilnik Wrote:Hoping for an announcement for Europe on Monday. In the meantime the BBC appear to have been using any and every opportunity to trash talk the iPhone or plug various "iPhone killers" while avoiding mentioning the iPhone (apart from a stock piece about the launch yesterday).
The BBC seems to be a bit anti-American-anything. Not really sure what's up with that, but I don't really know much about them to begin with. It's only been in the last few years with modern communications that I've had any exposure to them at all, outside of history books. Some national media outlets here label them as being pretty heavily to the liberal side of viewpoints. And looking at it from that angle, it's a bit of a shame that they'd pooh-pooh on Apple, since they're one of the more moderate American companies (as in, not-so-good-ol-boy-based). Who knows? The BBC has been around the block a few times. I'm sure they have their interests too.
AnotherJake Wrote:The BBC seems to be a bit anti-American-anything...

No no, not anti-American, just critical (rather then just read press releases) - unlike much of the news in America unfortunately Smile
While you guys wait for an Europe announcement on Monday (I also expect a Latin America announcement on Monday, just not sure what year Rasp ), here is something to pass time:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/ebayers-are-s...274036.php
Rolleyes
lightbringer Wrote:No no, not anti-American, just critical (rather then just read press releases) - unlike much of the news in America unfortunately Smile
I don't even think one can call it `news' anymore. I'd say it's more like tabloid, propaganda and (sorta) news, in that order. The media outlets meld them all together into a general slime. [shakes head]

Nothing wrong with the BBC criticizing the US BTW... Just a casual observation on my part.
PowerMacX Wrote:http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/ebayers-are-s...274036.php
Rolleyes

She may have been lucky...

John Gruber Wrote:Corey Spring analyzed 933 eBay auctions for iPhones and found that over 50 percent of them came and went without a single bidder.
Link.

Mark Bishop
--
Student and freelance OS X & iOS developer
ThemsAllTook Wrote:I'm posting this from my iPhone! Grin

I think I was about the third-to-last person in line to have gotten to the store in time to get one. I only had to wait in line for a little over an hour, so it wasn't bad at all. There were some pretty cool people in line with me - including, shockingly, someone else who was at WWDC! What are the odds?

Off to play with this beauty...
Care to give us your initial thoughts, Alex?
Josh Wrote:Care to give us your initial thoughts, Alex?

Brief summary of initial thoughts follows.

Positive: Very slick UI. Everything is extremely well thought-out and polished. Combines many highly useful gadgets into one amazing package. Lots of wow factor, lots of real usefulness. Having unlimited Internet anywhere, anytime is AWESOME.

Negative: Wifi doesn't work for me for some reason. Syncing via iTunes is awkward at best. No way to get at the filesystem. Ringtones are limited and mostly unappealing (only one that I liked). No camera timer.
I agree with alex, the UI is very intuitive and well thought out. I especially enjoy how lists "bounce" when you try and scroll past the end items. The keyboard is also easier to use than expected.

Another big con for me is the apparent inability to use it as a Bluetooth modem for your laptop. It would have been a lifesaver while on vacation last week.

Overall, for a guy who hasn't had anything but a shuffle before this thing is mindblowing!