D?

Apprentice
I've recently become interested in this language as an alternative to C++ and i'm wondering if anyone has any experience with it, specifically with Xcode.

I tried installing all of the plugins and language specifications provided at the home page and I can't get Xcode to recoginize the compiler. Any suggestions?
Quote this message in a reply
ok, here's what you do. install the universal gdc, then edit the options, info, or whatever it is in xcode from 'gcc' to 'gdc.' You might have to change some of the flags around, and the syntax highlighting will NOT work.

Honestly go with (emacs|textmate) and (scons|cmake), or even the autoconfigs if you're really brave, though I'm not sure scons supports gdc. CMake does have a gdc module, though.

Bunch of resources here: http://www.dsource.org/

It's not magic, it's Ruby.
Or wait till Leopard. IIRC XCode (newest version) will be coming with gdc.
Sage
leRiCl Wrote:Or wait till Leopard. IIRC XCode (newest version) will be coming with gdc.

Since when? I've never heard that.

Scott Lembcke - Howling Moon Software
Author of Chipmunk Physics - A fast and simple rigid body physics library in C.
yea. Perhaps you meant Sun's (sun?) D scripting language... not the same.

It's not magic, it's Ruby.
Skorche Wrote:Since when? I've never heard that.

A (1) programmer told me. He is pretty knowledgable, so I believe him.
But a quick google search suggests it was just a rumour. (Oh Why didn't I researched this before? I don't know.)
Though I found D syntax highlighting for Xcode, so you are pretty much set anyways. http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Development...code.shtml
sinky911
Unregistered

I was actually wondering if there was going to be a D, because there was a C, well, it is still here it's just too damn old to use!