Switch over the forum to myBB?

⌘-R in Chief
I hate this theme. It's so dang noisy.
Quote this message in a reply
How about something similar to this theme:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/aadamentium

I like that it places the information about the post's author on the left instead of on the top of each post. That I think makes it less noisy, since you can see a stream of posts without the author info/avatar/etc getting in the way:
http://mods.mybb.com/uploads/previews/25...w_post.png
Founder
Quote:* They have come back! The stars are still visible on this very post.
Stars should be gone.

Thanks PowerMacX. Might need you help with them.

Noisy? As in too much information shown?
What parts don't you want to see? Feel free at sending me your custom less-noisy and nice looking template for MyBB.
Smile

When I get more time, I will further tweak this one and install the one PowerMacX linked to and allow people to switch between them.
Quote:That I think makes it less noisy, since you can see
Ah, I see.
[/code]

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
It looks like links have no color or style difference from normal text unless you hover over them.
I think the theme looks pretty good right now. I haven't scoped out the code boxes yet though.
Luminary
Agreed the theme is awful, but I can't find any that are substantially better :/
(Jul 12, 2010 12:11 AM)OneSadCookie Wrote:  Agreed the theme is awful, but I can't find any that are substantially better :/

Woohooo!! OSC stamp of approval! LOL
(Jul 11, 2010 10:08 PM)akb825 Wrote:  It looks like links have no color or style difference from normal text unless you hover over them.

An even bigger issue when using a device that has no mouse pointer to hover over with - not that many in a place like this would have such a thing Rasp

The stars have gone now.

The theme is not perfect but would not go as far as saying awful. It fills the important role of letting us use the forum. Anyway you will never get one that everyone likes.
Founder
Let me tweak this one further as I have time. Anyone is welcomed to create one as well. vBulletin has a good number of professional designers that sell themes, and MyBB has none IMHO. So that is a bit of a trade-off. I will try to get the postbit template tweaked so that it interrupts less.

I have made the links a bit lighter than the text color. Does that help?

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Small issue: The "last" link on a long thread (such as this one) doesn't work; it takes me to the first page of the thread. Examining at the URL, it seems to be trying to go to page 8 of a 7-page thread, so maybe there's an off-by-one that would be easily fixed?
Founder
hmmm.. I notice something like this. Refresh my memory as to where the link is? On the forums home page?

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
⌘-R in Chief
You see it if you view the new posts since your last visit. That pagination has a "Last" link, but it works for me just fine.
(Jul 12, 2010 03:48 PM)Carlos Camacho Wrote:  I have made the links a bit lighter than the text color. Does that help?
It's still very easy to miss. I think it should be a color that is noticeably different from the main text and have an underline.
Just looking at the links in Carlos' and Freak's sigs, yeah I can hardly notice any color difference. I too think that links should stick out more like sore thumbs.

Again, great Job Carlos, I think things are looking pretty darn good Smile
Alex: I think your off-by-one is correct as it's working now but we have less posts in this page. You were going to be the first post on the next page.
Alex

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  PSA: Java exploit on an iOS dev forum PowerMacX 3 1,972 Feb 24, 2013 10:11 AM
Last Post: EvolPenguin
  Forum Font Size AnotherJake 10 15,171 Dec 23, 2010 08:10 AM
Last Post: gnurf
  Forum downtime 2/25-26 Carlos Camacho 4 4,964 Feb 27, 2010 10:56 AM
Last Post: OneSadCookie
  Forum Updates Carlos Camacho 4 5,133 Oct 11, 2009 11:20 PM
Last Post: AnotherJake