2d isometric sprites

I'm working on getting a mock up of my 2d opengl based isometric sprite/tile engine up and running, and im having some trouble finding any decent filler sprites to use. My engine uses a 2/1 tile aspect ratio (a la Diablo).

I'm doing all my own art for this game, and am having trouble creating a human sprite template(a simple human sprite, from which all human character sprites are derived).

Firstly I would like to know whether or not anyone here knows if it is possible to rip sprites from game data files such as Diablo, Fallout etc... this would solve my problem altogether(game data in most commercial games cannot be extracted using resedit-like programs).

Secondly, if someone could direct me to some kind of online (2/1 isometric sprite) resource I would very much appreciate it.

-Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
http://reinerstileset.4players.de/englisch.htm Best one I've seen. Not sure what the aspect is or what the terms of use are.

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."
Thanks for the link but those are a 3/2 ascpect not 2/1.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tutorial to Design Walking Isometric Avatars Donar 3 6,932 Jan 19, 2008 12:55 PM
Last Post: ynda20
  3d isometric DanLab 6 6,505 Jul 20, 2004 08:08 PM
Last Post: Carlos Camacho