Help Installing JOGL (Java OpenGL)

Sage
I downloaded JOGL today to try out, but I can't get it working for the life of me. Has anyone used the library before and if so, can you write up a quick how-to for installing it and making sure it's installed properly? Thanks in advance.
Quote this message in a reply
yes, actually, I have...(sorry to revive a bit of an old post, BTW). I got it to work after approximately four weeks of trying for about an hour a day, then my school teach wiped my computer and I never could get a working copy again >.<
Anyway, that's beside the point, here's what you need to know:
when JOGL was last realeased was over a year ago; unfortunately, the files were not signed correctly. Some of the jar files were signed by Java, some weren't, some of the individual files were signed by individual coders (I think it was the head guy, not sure), others were not. I'm assuming you're get a security error, something like 'Security Access Denied'? As far as I could tell, this was because there were three (or possibly more) people that had signned jar files.
After surfing the web for many weeks, I finally found a site where someone had actually taken the time to unpack everything and and re-sign it all with the same, um, ?signature?.
Looking back on it, I bet you probably could just download the source, rebuild it, and sign it yourself, but I never tried. (Oh, and I was using it in an applet, which further complicates things a bit, but if you sign the jar files yourself, the only difference between that and Sun's signing is that there will be an alert box that says 'do you want to trust applet <name>?', which isn't really too much of a bother).
If you get it working, I would love to have a copy of your files so that I can try them out...good luck! Smile
-wyrmmage

Worlds at War (Current Project) - http://www.awkward-games.com/forum/
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Help installing/using ODE bronxbomber92 4 2,782 Oct 21, 2006 10:09 PM
Last Post: bronxbomber92