Using GLUT With Multitouch and Command Keys

I use GLUT for my window and input. Is it possible to capture or disable the Command-Q signal to exit the app? Ideally I would like to capture it and forward to my game to exit/back out of menus properly. If I can't capture it though I would like to disable it, is this an option in the Interface Builder for the main window or something?

Also I was looking at adding support for multi-touch scrolling, any way to do this in a GLUT app?
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
GLUT is not suitable for a shipping application.
OneSadCookie Wrote:GLUT is not suitable for a shipping application.

I guess I should close my business! LOL So does anyone have a constructive answer?
Luminary
That was a constructive answer. Switch to Cocoa (or at least SDL, though that won't help you with multitouch).
Sage
GLUT really doesn't seem like it was meant to be anything more than an easy way to get simple OpenGL demos up and running. It works great for that, but it only provides extra basic input and windowing capabilities preventing it from being useful much beyond that.

Scott Lembcke - Howling Moon Software
Author of Chipmunk Physics - A fast and simple rigid body physics library in C.
From the red book:

Quote:GLUT may not be satisfactory for full-featured OpenGL applications, but you may find it a useful starting point for learning OpenGL.

We've been echoing that here at iDG for years.

I don't know what the status of SDL is on the iPhone, but perhaps it might have some multi-touch support? It's worth a look. ... assuming you're talking about multi-touch for iPhone, that is.
So, a more direct answer: No, GLUT doesn't provide facilities for either of those things. It's very useful for writing small, quick prototypes, but for serious development it lacks many crucial features.
I have used GLUT in several games over the last 3 years and have never had any compatibility problems or complaints, I don't really see any reason it can't be used in a game. I didn't think it would support muti-touch since GLUT came out about 10 years before multi-touch even existed Smile But I thought I'd ask if there has been any developments.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Using the glEnable() Command Inside a Class Jaden 1 1,875 Aug 2, 2008 11:28 PM
Last Post: akb825
  Is this how multiple keys are typically handled? WhatMeWorry 2 2,908 Oct 12, 2006 01:02 PM
Last Post: szymczyk
  GLUT using modifier keys alone n00bprogrammer 7 6,222 Dec 26, 2004 02:06 AM
Last Post: FCCovett