Who here have developed commercial software?

Well, I don't really "PWN" because I can select the last poll question but I've worked on about five commercial projects (the list is here) and some freeware / donationware games (that list is here).

The brains and fingers behind Malarkey Software (plus caretaker of the world's two brattiest felines).
Quote this message in a reply
Nice to see everyone here is into something! Perhaps if I am lucky I get to do similar stuff when I grow up!
MarkJ Wrote:But wait, what are you thinking of doing in Java?

Currently doing a morpg. (1 'm' only, thanks... I realise that I would definitely be able to create an mmorpg with some modifications, although i detest the genre and it'd be a nightmare to maintain the servers (not to mention the constant updates to keep player's interest!!), still, it makes me dream some times, to collect $2.95 from 1600 players each month.... XD .).

Oh yeah, I forgot I also had an uncompleted space shooter for Sony Ericsson K750i written in Java under my belt. Wink But it hasn't been fully developed yet, so it doesn't count.

Jaden Wrote:Hmm, what about in-house development? What does that count as?

of course! its software... perhaps I should have put "non-commercial" instead of "free" in the poll options....
Max
I have developed freeware, shareware and commercial games - for PC, Mac, Playstation 2 and Nintendo handhelds. Right now I'm testing next-generation console video games... does that count?

Freelance video game artist and video game compliance tester at Enzyme Testing Labs.
Max Wrote:I have developed freeware, shareware and commercial games - for PC, Mac, Playstation 2 and Nintendo handhelds. Right now I'm testing next-generation console video games... does that count?

Testers are just as important a part of the dev process, so it counts Smile
I'm still at the stage where I usually get about half way through a project and the decide that I started off wrong and go off to do something else. I've finished a few bits and pieces though, including a really bad video codec when I was at uni, a web database thingy for a TV station I used to work at, and a sudoku game (programming the thing to generate the puzzles is much more interesting than actually solving them!)
Last week, for a music project I was playing with, I wrote an app to use the mac speech synth to generate aiff files from bits of text (that takes about ten lines of code before you add error checking and glossy stuff - would be less but setting up the URL was fiddly). I might add some more features (import from files for example) and release it so I can feel that I've achieved something.
Marjock
Unregistered

Quote:and I am absolutely certain that the software I've been working on for the last year at my new job will be released as well Smile

...And our country will crumble down around us? Grin

-Mark
Luminary
heh, entirely possibly.

BTW, "UK until December then NZ" isn't really relevant any more, you might want to change that Rasp

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Path To Commercial 3D Games on the Mac xcoder66 8 3,520 Dec 10, 2005 07:54 PM
Last Post: xcoder66