tremulous mapping problems

lightnthunder
Unregistered

okay, so I am a new mac user. And I a have some problems. I represent the mac mapping problems for tremulous which is a multiplayer game, really cool.
Visit google, type mac tremulous and download the game. Anyway, there is a thing where we map for the game. It is obvious we need x11, but the problem is that there is not enough memory (it is like 3 ggigs) What should I do?
Quote this message in a reply
Please explain more.... What is this 'thing' where you 'map' for the game? Do you make maps? Is there a name? What kind of app requires 3 gigs of memory?

It's not magic, it's Ruby.
sorry man, but more explanation is needed...not many people here are going to download a 100MB+ game, sign up for an account, etc. just to answer a question, me thinks. There are lots of kinds of mapping...what are you referring to? (and nothing should take up 3GB of memory O_O)
-wyrmmage

Worlds at War (Current Project) - http://www.awkward-games.com/forum/
Sage
Tremulous is Quake3 based right? So you are talking about using GtkRadiant (an X11 app) to do the mapping?

Scott Lembcke - Howling Moon Software
Author of Chipmunk Physics - A fast and simple rigid body physics library in C.
I am presuming you are out of hard drive space to install GTKRadiant.
Get $100 or so USB 2.0 drive and back up all your garbage.
Then go on a deleting spree.
Then install.

I think I tried to install GTKRadiant somewhere besides the root drive and it didn't want to obey and that was not cool.

Looks like a neat game. Can't tell WTF is happening or where anything is, but I guess some settings changes could help that. Would probably be better in 3rd person being an alien, FPS alien on a wall is weird.

Have fun.
were you referring to me? I'm not out of hard-drive space, I just have a 12kb/s download speed Blush
-wyrmmage

Worlds at War (Current Project) - http://www.awkward-games.com/forum/