Need Help

roshy
Unregistered

Hello guys firstly i want to say sorry that i dont know where should i post this
thread
I m sana i m a new user over here i really need ur help i am a student of first year of BCIT(bachelor of computer &information technology)i just joined this field(line) two months before my teacher is teaching me C language and we read a little about it he has asked to make a project (typewriter,game,word pad etc..)on any thing on C.now the difficulty is this that i dont know how to and this project has 30 marks and this is really mean to me i need ur help.. i m thinking to make project on game i m a biggener so i want to make a simple game like snake game,puzzled...so i need ur help any oone can help me how can i make games on C i need coding of it my teacher told me that he will help us in only making graphics and the rest of things will be do by ourself,
so plz plz can u help me??
Quote this message in a reply
Sage
Is it classwork you want to make a snake game in C for or is it just a personal challenge?

If you are doing it for classwork (i.e. you are forced to do everything in C, I would suggest that you try using GLUT and OpenGL to handle key events and graphics)

Sir, e^iπ + 1 = 0, hence God exists; reply!
Looks like she wants us to do her homework for her.

Sorry to be harsh, but honestly...if you want a CS degree, do the work and study.

My web site - Games, music, Python stuff
Are you looking for suggestions as to what articles you should read in order to help you understand C or are you looking for articles / advice about game development?

People here will help point you in the direction of the information to help you solve your problem but will not actually do the work for you. This is the case for everything but even more so course work.
roshy
Unregistered

Thanks for replying, and Diordna, I'm not "he", I'm a girl. Smile
And it's a class work, if it is a personal challenge I do not ask for help. I asked for your help because I just started to learn C (1 month ago) and I'm not perfect yet to do such a project all by myself. BeyondCloister, I got your point, and lericl: thanks for the website, I hope it will help in making graphics, thanks to all...
Ah, I took offense because I thought it was a school assignment. It seemed remarkably similar to a post I saw on a different forum which basically asked the forum members to do a homework assignment for them, and a classmate told the professor about the post, and [fark]hilarity (and failarity) ensued.[/fark] If it's just for fun or personal betterment, sweet, go get 'em. Woohoo.

A quick Google gives us this: http://einstein.drexel.edu/courses/CompP...orial.html

My web site - Games, music, Python stuff
Oldtimer
Hi Roshy!
First off, I edited your post for readability, I hope you don't take offense. It's easier to read and understand sentences that aren't written in "chat language". Your written English is good, so there is no need to hide behind "thnx". Wink

Secondly, are you doing this on a Mac or in Windows? This is a Mac community, so it might be that we're not the greatest in the world on Windows. Still, stay around and we'll help you - the interesting parts are the same. It's just the actual function names for graphics and windows that are different.