universal app testing?

Hi, I finally got a universal app made but how do I test it to see if it really works on an intel-based mac os x?
I have a iBookG4 PPC and the universal binary works fine (although it is TWICE the size now from when it was just a PPC binary) but is there some way you guys test a universal binary without an intel mac? Or am I left to save up $199.00 to buy VMWARE to try it somehow? Rolleyes LOL Sneaky
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
There is no way to test it without an Intel Mac* (not even VMWare will help).

The best way is to post a link to your app here, and ask people to test it. We're helpful like that.

And yes, a two-architecture fat binary will be about twice the size of a one-architecture one. It has two copies of the code, after all Rasp As you add more resources (images, etc) to your application you'll notice the size difference less.

* Well OK, you could pirate a copy of Intel Mac OS X and add the cracks and attempt to install it on some random PC that happens to have compatible hardware, but it's probably not really going to work.
Don't worry too much about the code size, code is tiny! Smile

Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath the clear blue sky?
OneSadCookie Wrote:There is no way to test it without an Intel Mac* (not even VMWare will help).

The best way is to post a link to your app here, and ask people to test it. We're helpful like that.

And yes, a two-architecture fat binary will be about twice the size of a one-architecture one. It has two copies of the code, after all Rasp As you add more resources (images, etc) to your application you'll notice the size difference less.

* Well OK, you could pirate a copy of Intel Mac OS X and add the cracks and attempt to install it on some random PC that happens to have compatible hardware, but it's probably not really going to work.

Ok, I installed and played around with VMWARE very fun but yeah I guess it's not legal to try and get mac os to run on it.

So if I make a sample universal binary will somebody here tell me if it works on an intel-based mac? It's not a game just an application and it's not even finished yet Annoyed Or should I wait until it's completely finished and then post it? or can i send it to e-mail anybody? Thanks!

If it has to be a game I did make a semi finished tic-tac-toe and a semi finished magic 8-ball (random answers) games.
Post a link.
There is also idevapps for general application development. You could always post a alpha or beta download at versiontracker or macupdate, probably a good way of finding out how many people will download your app when its done.

Never wait until you are "finished" to get feedback.