Using ViewControllers

Apprentice
My iPhone App is a child's game and I have about 20 different views that I want to randomly switch between. Now I have watched Nick Myers'
iPhone Tutorial - Multiple XIB files on Vimeo (iPhone Tutorial - Multiple XIB files on Vimeo), however, he is only switching between two views & nibs and does not release the first viewController. I have tried to set-up my app in this manner and get it to switch fine enough, but I must be doing something wrong still, because it isn't releasing the view controllers.

Could someone please explain why I need to have ViewControllers & Views for each XIB instead of just putting all the code in the ViewControllers and forgetting the views altogether? I have the code for switching the views in the AppDelegate file, is this a good way?

In my game, when each view shows up it asks you to touch a certain item on the screen.
HOW IS THE BEST WAY TO SET THINGS UP HERE?
Quote this message in a reply
JermGuy Wrote:Could someone please explain why I need to have ViewControllers & Views for each XIB instead of just putting all the code in the ViewControllers and forgetting the views altogether? I have the code for switching the views in the AppDelegate file, is this a good way?

You don't. It's just convenient if you want to design your views in Interface Builder. If you eliminate xibs, your view controllers can become views.
Quote this message in a reply