Is there a way to use rpg maker on my mac?

Yum42
Unregistered

Ok, so I've been making short games on my windows computer using rpg maker 2000, 2003 and xp. I'm very comfortable with them but I have a mac now. I was wondering if there is anything like rpg maker or any good rpg making tool for the mac?
Quote this message in a reply
I don't think there is... You can dual boot Windows XP, and use it on your Windows partition that way.
I understand ColdStone is a similar tool, but I haven't used it.

Newest game: Glow, a sci-fi RPG with lots of zombie bashing. Get it: OS X
Nibbie
I own a copy of coldstone... but it no longer runs in 10.4 I believe. If it does however, it's what you're looking for.
As do I. It's supposedly going to be updated, but it's been, oh, 5 years without a peep. Funny, though, how they advertise it as being a tool that you can create games without learning a language without C++. And here I am, making a game with C++ before they have been able to get there supposed update out the door. (of course, I doubt that they'll ever get it out)
Yum42
Unregistered

I found a program named isoworld, it costs $49 and I tried to download their demo and that didn't even work so seriously if I'm having a hard time getting their demo to even open it I'm willing to bet its an outdated waste of money.

I tried looking for Coldstone and I heard a lot of negative things, it also costs money even tho its way out of date. So....yeah.

what the second poster said, there is a way to open windows on my mac and open rpg maker? cause I already have that thus being free, works, and I'm used to....

is that possible?
Luminary
If you have an Intel Mac, you can use Apple's Boot Camp to reboot into Windows or Mac OS X at your choice (free), or you can use Parallels to run Windows in a window on Mac OS X ($79).

If you don't have an Intel Mac, you're outta luck.
Yum42
Unregistered

I have an intel. I asked a friend of a friend and he mentioned it so I'll have him over to explain how to do that I guess. Thanks everyone.
Apprentice
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but as this thread did have a better result on Google I thought it would be helpful to direct anyone looking for RPG Maker for Mac OS X to this promising thread http://www.idevgames.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13371.