I am writing an RTS in TNTBasic. But want to port to other platforms later.

I have been preparing for this stage of my life for 4 years...actually writing a sci-fi RTS. its very exciting. Wink However, the only language which I can use are RealBasic and TNTBasic. I looked at both of my options and decided that TNTbasic is cheaper by infinite number of times and seems to be designed completely around manipulating sprites, unlike RealBasic. The older versions of RealBasic aren't very usable to me, either.

However, I would like to make this game available to windows and hopefully linux too. I've decided to write this game in TNTBasic first, to see if I can actually finish it. After it is finished, purchase BlitxMax and port it over there. The reason is that I don't want to pay $80 and find out i can't actually complete my game.

So, is it feasible to port TNTBasic projects, especially large ones to become a BlitzMax project? (I am estimating my project will have around 15000 to 20000 lines of code. It is currently a couple of thousand lines, consisting of the main menu, the 'scenario loading flexible config-flags' and the set up screen.) Just to elaborate, the 'scenario loading flexible config-flags' is like a script but only has 3 commands, just enough to load the scenario and to point to other files of its type so that the config-flags doesn't need to be repeated for each scenario in the same game-universe.

I also want to ask if such a large project in Basic can get a good enough speed. :S I have constructed a prototype, involving 2 units and 2 planets and an exceedingly simple AI, with one type of particle. It can get reasonable speed on my Macbook. (60+ frames/sec). But it is only a small prototype...

I'd doubt anyone here knows TNTbasic and wants to work on somebody's project at the same time... but I thought I should ask anyway.... so anyone? Smile This game is going to be released on a GPL or a creative commons-type license when it is finished, however (so you won't get any money, sorry).

p.s TNTBasic is not dead while I am still alive and still going to school/uni.
Quote this message in a reply
I think you want to just buy BlitzMax. I have it, and it's wonderful, and does much more than TNTbasic does, just as easily, if not more easily. And it's faster.

My web site - Games, music, Python stuff
TNT Basic ultimately teaches bad programming habits, you end up doing everything with global variables. There is no support for real functions. No support for objects or structs.

While you can actually get things done anyway, your code gets more and more unmanageable. You'll end up copy-pasting a lot...

Dont get me wrong, I used TNT for a year or two, it got me into programming and it will always have a place in my heart, but for a serious project go with Blitzmax, it's faster, has more features, it' cross platform, more supported and has a pretty nice modern language that will get you coding in the "proper" way after a while.

©h€ck øut µy stuƒƒ åt ragdollsoft.com
New game in development Rubber Ninjas - Mac Games Downloads
Najdorf Wrote:TNT Basic ultimately teaches bad programming habits, you end up doing everything with global variables. There is no support for real functions. No support for objects or structs.
... I have no idea what 'real functions' and 'structures' are... Annoyed Looks like TNTBasic have already done some permanent damage... ouch.

Najdorf Wrote:While you can actually get things done anyway, your code gets more and more unmanageable. You'll end up copy-pasting a lot...
I've got that sort out... I wrote an editor for TNTbasic code, so it becomes much more manageable. the editor splits the code into different parts so I can see all of it at a glance, and go to each with a click of a mouse. it also allows reordering the parts and to duplicate them instantly.... Wink Although I still got like 30 globals... :/[/quote]

Thanks for the advice, diordna and Najdorf... I will consider BlitzMax then...
Quote: Looks like TNTBasic have already done some permanent damage... ouch.
Dont worry, i ultimately believe all practice is good practice.

©h€ck øut µy stuƒƒ åt ragdollsoft.com
New game in development Rubber Ninjas - Mac Games Downloads
leRiCl Wrote:I've got that sort out... I wrote an editor for TNTbasic code, so it becomes much more manageable. the editor splits the code into different parts so I can see all of it at a glance, and go to each with a click of a mouse. it also allows reordering the parts and to duplicate them instantly.... Wink Although I still got like 30 globals... :/
[/quote]

But, you see, just being able to split your file up won't fix the issues with the language. Also, why are you duplicating your code in the first place? You should be able to put it into a function and call it from anywhere instead of this copy-and-paste business.

My web site - Games, music, Python stuff
wait... a 'function' is the same as a 'procedure' in TNTbasic, but the 'procedure' is sucks at returning values. so... you can call it from anywhere too...
I am poking and prodding the BlitzMax demo now.

EDIT: I tried to run a "print "hello"" program and got this while compiling in BlitzMax.... And Yes, I got the apple developer tools installed.

Code:
Building RTSport
Compiling:RTSport.bmx
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:158:no such 386 instruction: `mflr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:159:no such 386 instruction: `stmw'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:160:no such 386 instruction: `stw'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:161:no such 386 instruction: `stwu'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:162:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:163:no such 386 instruction: `ori'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:164:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:165:no such 386 instruction: `cmpwi'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:166:no such 386 instruction: `beq'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:167:no such 386 instruction: `li'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:168:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:169:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:170:no such 386 instruction: `mtlr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:171:no such 386 instruction: `lmw'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:172:no such 386 instruction: `blr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:174:no such 386 instruction: `li'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:175:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:176:no such 386 instruction: `ori'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:177:no such 386 instruction: `stw'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:178:no such 386 instruction: `la'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:179:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:180:no such 386 instruction: `ori'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:181:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:182:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:183:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:184:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:185:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:186:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:187:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:188:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:189:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:190:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:191:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:192:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:193:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:194:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:195:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:196:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:197:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:198:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:199:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:200:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:201:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:202:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:203:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:204:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:205:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:206:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:207:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:208:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:209:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:210:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:211:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:212:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:213:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:214:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:215:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:216:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:217:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:218:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:219:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:220:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:221:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:222:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:223:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:224:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:225:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:226:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:227:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:228:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:229:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:230:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:231:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:232:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:233:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:234:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:235:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:236:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:237:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:238:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:239:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:240:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:241:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:242:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:243:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:244:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:245:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:246:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:247:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:248:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:249:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:250:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:251:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:252:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:253:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:254:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:255:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:256:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:257:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:258:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:259:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:260:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:261:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:262:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:263:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:264:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:265:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:266:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:267:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:268:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:269:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:270:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:271:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:272:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:273:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:274:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:275:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:276:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:277:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:278:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:279:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:280:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:281:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:282:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:283:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:284:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:285:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:286:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:287:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:288:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:289:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:290:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:291:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:292:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:293:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:294:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:295:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:296:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:297:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:298:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:299:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:300:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:301:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:302:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:303:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:304:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:305:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:306:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:307:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:308:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:309:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:310:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:311:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:312:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:313:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:314:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:315:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:316:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:317:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:318:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:319:no such 386 instruction: `ori'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:320:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:321:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:322:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:323:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:324:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:325:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:326:no such 386 instruction: `ori'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:327:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:328:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:329:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:330:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:331:no such 386 instruction: `li'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:332:no such 386 instruction: `b'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:334:no such 386 instruction: `lis'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:335:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:336:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:337:no such 386 instruction: `mtctr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:338:no such 386 instruction: `bctrl'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:339:no such 386 instruction: `mr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:340:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:341:no such 386 instruction: `lwz'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:342:no such 386 instruction: `mtlr'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:343:no such 386 instruction: `lmw'
/Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s:344:no such 386 instruction: `blr'
Build Error: Failed to assemble /Users/eric/Desktop/.bmx/RTSport.bmx.gui.debug.macos.s
Process complete
Luminary
It's trying to build a PowerPC application on your Intel Mac...
Thanks.
I just encountered a huge bug in TNTbasic, so I will be forced to move to something else anyway.... Sad
I have to agree. I used TNT for way too long... I tried to go back to help a friend and realized just how much it warps your mind. Good for beginners' games, not much good for much else. BlitzMax is definately a good way to go IMHO.

When in doubt ... read the Read Me
10.5.6 | MacBook Pro 2.5x2 | 4 GB RAM | GeForce 8600M GT
TNT had some strong points to be sure...like an integrated asset manager and a relatively decent map editor. But the language features are pretty weak, all in all. On top of which, it is no longer supported.

PlayKode had a similar sort of IDE to TNT, but uses Lua...so theoretically the games are portable-ish to Windows. Not sure if that project is still alive though.

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, Philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Writing a Server unknown 9 5,336 Jun 2, 2006 09:46 PM
Last Post: ravuya