Continuing to update 3DU entries after deadline?

Apprentice
Are we allowed to continue to update our 3DU entries after the deadline has passed?

Obviously it would be too much to expect the judges to continually redownload new versions after they start evaluating a given game, and I (and hopefully other contestants as well) would not whine if a judge lowered a score based on an issue that was fixed in a later version after the deadline passed. But is it allowed at all?
Quote this message in a reply
Unless there is a script set up that will download all the entries from the links in this thread as soon as the contest ends then there will be problems trying to enforce this.

If such a script is not run then it means developers west of the UK will have a nice advantage of being able to work on for a couple of more hours after we have gone to sleep Sad
Apprentice
Andrew Sage Wrote:If such a script is not run then it means developers west of the UK will have a nice advantage of being able to work on for a couple of more hours after we have gone to sleep Sad

Sleep? What's that?
Apprentice
Also, I wasn't thinking of minutes or hours after the deadline, but in the following days as bug reports roll in.
If you maintain a "contest version" download separate from the most up-to-date one, I can't imagine it would be a problem. I'm not sure about updating the contest version during the judging period, but past uDevGames contests allowed it.
The difference between this and past uDevgames is that there is no public voting. The public voting window allowed the download to be changed, however if an automatic script grabbed all the entries at end time they could easily be placed somewhere for the judges to get and let us release updates for the public to enjoy while they wait for the results.
You dont really need a script to download the entries... there are like only 15...

Anyway yes, judges should download the entries as they are at the deadline, if there's a deadline it's for a reason.

©h€ck øut µy stuƒƒ åt ragdollsoft.com
New game in development Rubber Ninjas - Mac Games Downloads
Najdorf Wrote:You dont really need a script to download the entries... there are like only 15...

Anyway yes, judges should download the entries as they are at the deadline, if there's a deadline it's for a reason.

Seeing that OTEE are based in Denmark then I would not expect somebody in their office at 1am to download our entries. That is why I suggested a script.
There's also their Tom Higgins guy in LA.

©h€ck øut µy stuƒƒ åt ragdollsoft.com
New game in development Rubber Ninjas - Mac Games Downloads
Andrew Sage Wrote:Seeing that OTEE are based in Denmark then I would not expect somebody in their office at 1am to download our entries. That is why I suggested a script.

If you had experienced their tech support in their forums you might think otherwise. They just always seem to be around...

But as the sponsor, I don't think they'll be judging entries at all. Or, at most one of the judges will be from OTEE.

Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.
Apprentice
I pretty much need to fix at least one bug in mine...3rdperson walker is not working
AC

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  IDG entries are being pirated on the Mac App Store ChrisD 3 1,413 May 29, 2013 09:33 AM
Last Post: skyhawk
  Your favorite entries. Najdorf 27 13,685 Mar 13, 2009 12:30 PM
Last Post: ThemsAllTook
  uDG 08: Mono-based entries allowed? Carlos Camacho 2 3,254 Dec 8, 2008 09:30 PM
Last Post: stevejohnson
  Archived Entries cgoran 4 4,658 May 21, 2008 07:35 PM
Last Post: ThemsAllTook
  mini contest idea -- updating previous entries? kgreene 4 4,757 Jul 2, 2006 05:33 PM
Last Post: Zwilnik