Game interface front-end design

rjoshicool
Unregistered

i wanted to know if adobe flash can b used to develop frontend gui like menus, hud etc. for 3d games made in directx & vc++.
if yes, how is this possible?
Quote this message in a reply
TylerHutchison
Unregistered

I'm not sure if you can export of GUI from Adobe Flash... however it probably is not a bad tool for prototyping a GUI.

You might want to try asking this in a Flash forum, or maybe a DirectX forum or a Visual C++ forum. Most of the people here will probably not be able to help you very much with DirectX and VC++.
TylerHutchison Wrote:Most of the people here will probably not be able to help you very much with DirectX and VC++.
Well, some of us could, but nah... 'cuz then we'd have to do twenty lashes in repentance. *Macintosh* rjoshicool, Macintosh... Macs don't do DX or VC++.

They do Flash and 3D games though, and the question is a semi-interesting one in that light. Can it be done? Does WebKit have support for it out of the box?
Apprentice
I have tried having a flash interface before, not for a game, just as a test. I could not actually get transparent backgrounds to work. Flash does not seem to have the ability to have a transparent background without real time clipping (although this was maybe six months ago, so maybe they have added that option). It does seem like an interesting test to do though.
Oldtimer
There is a third-party Flash library, crossplatform and all, that should be possible to integrate into your application. Can't find it now, but I know it's on SourceForge.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Apps for game design? XxHeadShotxX 9 13,345 Aug 14, 2012 05:28 AM
Last Post: EastbayHill
  Game design feedback tross 11 14,380 Aug 12, 2012 06:33 PM
Last Post: Play Go
  any suggestion for game poster design jc82111 3 4,135 Jun 20, 2012 02:27 AM
Last Post: James Andy
  orentation and interface design question paulidis 3 3,734 Jan 4, 2012 03:56 PM
Last Post: paulidis
  Board Game Design ahnona84 0 2,573 Oct 31, 2011 11:54 PM
Last Post: ahnona84