iDevGames Articles

Are articles (and the infamous postmortems) still part of the iDevGames site plan?

The reason I ask is that I'm very tempted to write an article. However, if there is not going to be an outlet for it on here then I'm not sure I've got the motivation to do it. Quite ironic really when you find out that the article is all about motivation LOL Of course there is always the alternative solution but that was tried years ago and ended up nowhere.
Quote this message in a reply
I am hoping it is, as I joined after iDevGames went down for a little while, so I have never seen the articles Sad
Are there archives anywhere?
I cannot talk for Carlos, but yes, they have always been and will continue to be a part of the iDevGames mission. A well written postmortem, or just general article, can be a very valuable document.

I would encourage you to write it, for sure. Even if iDG may be slow to post it, you could certainly submit it at other gaming sites, too. iDG would be very excited to showcase more good, original content in writing, the same way we do with the contests.

KB Productions, Car Care for iPhone/iPod Touch
@karlbecker_com
All too often, art is simply the loss of practicality.
That is what I thought but I know there is a wealth of existing articles and postmortems that are in the system but not published. I don't want to spend time on another one to sit in the queue Sad
bronxbomber92 Wrote:Are there archives anywhere?

The last I had heard, Carlos was waiting on delivery of proofed copies of the articles which used to be present on the site, proofed by a professional proof-reader...

I do have an archive (MySQL content dump) of the articles sitting on disk somewhere (I'm still the article editor as far as I know, I just have no articles to edit Cry), but I'm not sure what Carlos' opinion on sharing that archive with anybody would be...

Mark Bishop