How to access the game memory to withdraw information

utopianbl
Unregistered

Hi I am an avid Football Manager, a football related game which simulates a managers role. I want to be able to hack into the code (written in c++) and be able to retrieve information such as player potentials, skills, etc which are steady in one snapshot. I am unsure as to which tool I should use to do this - and what tools are present which I can use as an application harnessing this data?

Any help!
Quote this message in a reply
Sage
You need a hex editor, a compiler/interpreter and patience.

Sir, e^iπ + 1 = 0, hence God exists; reply!
Sage
And crazy skill.
utopianbl Wrote:Hi I am an avid Football Manager, a football related game which simulates a managers role. I want to be able to hack into the code (written in c++) and be able to retrieve information such as player potentials, skills, etc which are steady in one snapshot. I am unsure as to which tool I should use to do this - and what tools are present which I can use as an application harnessing this data?

Any help!

So are you saying that you have a "Football Manager" game and that you would like to hack into the application at while its running in order to get those bits of info? Depending on how the game was coded this may or may not be possible... knowing that it was done in C++ helps not really at all. Your best bet is to look for files the game creates and somehow get the data from those.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Gaining sole access to a HID device bensuffolk 0 1,976 Jun 2, 2006 02:41 AM
Last Post: bensuffolk
  Accessing Pixel Information Nick 11 4,671 Jun 1, 2005 09:33 PM
Last Post: Andrew
  In-Game Memory Usage Info Griggs 1 3,264 Sep 5, 2002 09:12 PM
Last Post: zzajin