C++ in Mac OS X

Apprentice
Hi, I'm attempting to learn C++. I'm relatively new to programming games, but I know some C and Objective-C. I find that I learn best through examples, but I've had trouble finding example C++ source that isn't either stupid simple (Hello World, cin, cout) or way past my level of comprehension. Am I not looking hard enough? If anyone could point me toward some sample code in C++ I would be very thankful. It'd be extra awesome if it was in Xcode format; although, I started out programming in Linux with vi, so I can handle pretty much any format you throw at me.

I'm not asking anyone to go out of their way and search for stuff for me, but if you know of a place or could offer some direction, please do!
Quote this message in a reply
First hit after googling C++ tutorial. C++ isn't going to be any different than on any Linux system, and not very different from Windows.
Apprentice
Okay well now I just feel stupid. I've been googling all night and never once thought to type in "C++ tutorial."

Thanks a lot.

Sorry for the trouble.
No worries, oftentimes the most obvious solution is the one that you look over when you get it in your mind that it will be more difficult than it is.

Edit: I wonder why the colloquial term of mentally challenged is censored. I don't think I've seen anybody offended by the use of that word.
Apprentice
akb825 Wrote:Edit: I wonder why the colloquial term of mentally challenged is censored. I don't think I've seen anybody offended by the use of that word.

I assume that's sarcasm. I wasn't at all protesting the fact that it was censored, in fact I WISH I didn't use the word like I do. Bad habits are hard to break. It's just something I've grown used to, and I've actually offended a friend with the word before.

I know it's terrible. Sorry.
clapton541
Unregistered

A great website for a C++ tutorial is http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial.html its called cprogramming but its really about C++.