3DU contest comments

Yep, I got your email. Sorry for seeming impatient.

Thanks Smile
Quote this message in a reply
Nibbie
So... when the contest is over... are all entries ranked? I'd like to know what place I finish in even if I don't make it to the winner's circle.
Founder
Yes, that is the way it works.

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Apprentice
Any word on when the results will be given? Looks like we have 43 entries! Awesome!
Nibbie
Unity wont seem to export my universal application properly - is it ok to use a web player?
No, it's not okay to use a webplayer. Just submit the bug report as you were instructed by OTEE on the Unity forum and they will take a look at it and help get you running.

-Jon
There seems to be a bug where if your Company Name in the project settings is too long, the game you build will quietly fail to run. Looks like it might be the return of an old bug from many versions ago.

I haven't gotten a chance to tell OTEE about it, but if you are having trouble building a working player, check for that.

Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.
My company name has a & in it and that was causing the build to fail even though I had not specifically told Unity the name.
Nibbie
Thanks guys, you nailed the problem. Changing the company name gave me a perfectly good build! It's kind of anoying that the default name is one that stops games from working... I'll be sure to send OTEE a bug report as soon as I can.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Game comments Najdorf 39 18,796 Jan 16, 2007 09:58 PM
Last Post: Casemon